Director Job Description
This posting is for a Director to operate the HighPoint Center, which will provide After School Care, Pre-Kindergarten Classes, Summer Sport Day Camps, Sport Education Programs, Recreation Clinics & Leagues to school-aged children in the Cedar Park & Leander area.
The Director directs the overall operations of the HighPoint Center in such a way so that the mission and vision of HighPoint Fellowship* is fulfilled. This position is responsible for implementing the growth strategy that will enable the organization to reach its strategic and fiscal objectives as well as positioning the HighPoint Center as the community leader in the areas of youth spiritual development, healthy living, social responsibility, and community outreach. The Director is responsible for fiscal management, program impact, staff and volunteer development, and community education in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards established by the HighPoint Center Team, as well as any regulatory guidelines necessary for operations. The Director must demonstrate leadership and integrity. The Director must also be a mentor, as well as a motivator to staff and members of the organization, and must treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Entry Requirements: The Director must have a commitment to the mission and core values of HighPoint Fellowship as well as ensure implementation of these values in all daily work activity. The Director must also be (or soon become) an active member of HighPoint Fellowship and understand the basic concept of non-profit management and the utilization of volunteers and staff to attain both strategic and operational goals.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years operations experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity. Must possess high levels of self-motivation and leadership abilities. This position requires a demonstrated history of leadership in the areas of volunteer and staff development, budget and fiscal management, community development, and strategic planning. Also, this leader must be fully competent in member service and offering the optimal member experience. Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities involved in day-to-day operations is essential.
The Director must be able to capture detail, meet deadlines, have very good oral and written communication skills, and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, contact management software, and Gmail. Employee must have First Aid, CPR, AED and BBP certifications or acquire within 60 days of hire. Employee must also have a Texas Commercial Driver's License, or acquire within 60 days of hire, and capacity to drive to various locations within the Cedar Park/Leander area.
HighPoint Center Development
- Must meet director requirements of State Minimum Standards as set forth in RULE §746.1015 of the Texas Administrative Code (see link at end of listing) and hold a current Child-Care Center Director’s Certificate from the Texas DFPS.
- Identify meaningful volunteer opportunities and establish a purposeful volunteer orientation.
- Collaborate with the HighPoint Community Pastor to work with community volunteersto help drive our mission and impact deep into our neighborhoods.
- Handle customer complaints and ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Help facilitate an atmosphere that promotes the Christian nurturing of each child.
- Be a Christian role model at all times, on and off the job.
- Support the mission of HighPoint Fellowship to provide families a place of help, hope, and healing.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining a Christian perspective in all aspects of the HighPoint Center; including curriculum, discipline, and communication with staff, parents, and children.
- Develop and promote a child-focused staff culture based on respect, relationship building, active listening, and service above self.
- Ensure adherence to all personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain current job descriptions, complete timely performance evaluations of all staff, and ensure that payroll and personnel information is accurate and submittedon a timely basis.
- Develop and promote professional development of the staff by providing ongoing training.
- Personally attend professional development training as needed.
- Be prepared to fill in when a staff member cannot be onsite as scheduled.
- Develop, implement, and maintain personal development and recognition plans forstaff.
- Direct the hiring, firing, salaries and other compensation for all personnel.
- Develop, manage, and achieve the annual operating budget for HighPoint Center.
- Implement strategies to grow programs and program enrollment throughsuccessful marketing campaigns, high quality programs, and great customer service.
- Continually look for ways incorporate more efficient operating practices.
- Display a high level of fiscal competence through accurate budget forecasting.
- Provide regular fiscal reporting to HighPoint Center Committee.
- Model the foundation to creating a Jesus-centered, relationship-focused, sustaining experience between individuals and the HighPoint Center.
- Routinely evaluate program and service quality and institute corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and updated facility that lends itself to great customer service and an atmosphere of respect.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere that values respect, acceptance, diversity, inclusion, and grace.
- Work with the Community Pastor to adapt to the needs of our community when necessary.
- Work with the Community Pastor to leverage community leadership and connections to position the HighPoint Center as a leading community outreach organization.
- Identify and engage with leaders and groups within the community to tell the HighPoint story.
- Maintain facility, equipment, vehicles, and groups according to State and Federal regulations and HighPoint standards, preventative maintenance plans, and facility action plan.
- Monitor and control systems, practice, and training as it relates to risk management and safety for participants/employees; especially child abuse reporting policies and procedures.
- Be present during the majority of the programs, which include after-school care and summer camps.
- Any other duties as required by supervisor.
HighPoint Fellowship is a non-denominational church in Cedar Park, Texas. For more information, visit www.hpf.org.
HighPoint Center Director Licensing Requirements
What qualifications must the director of my child-care center licensed for 13 or more children meet?
Except as otherwise provided in this division, the director of a child-care center licensed for 13 or more children must be at least 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or its equivalent, and meet one of the following combinations of education and experience, as defined in §746.1021 of this title (relating to What constitutes experience in a licensed child-care center, or in a licensed or registered child-care home?):
Subchapter D, Personnel Division 1, Child-Care Center Director 09/01/03
Please see the following link for details: