POSTING DATE: 02-28-13 CLOSING DATE: 05-17-13
DEPARTMENT: Children and Youth Services
SALARY: $43,836 - $50,050
HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday – Friday
1 Hour Unpaid Lunch
35 Hours per Week
BENEFITS: Full County Benefits after 90 days
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
To oversee and ensure the planning, coordination, and implementation of the Greene County Children and Youth Program. To ensure the Greene County Children and Youth Program is carried out in compliance with the Federal, State and local regulations, policies and procedures. Supervise the Children and Youth Staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Develops, Implements, and Monitors the Commonwealth’s Children and Youth Needs Based Budget and Plan for County residents needing Children and Youth Services to ensure compliance with regulatory and policy requirements governing the Children and Youth Programs. This is done in accordance with the Human Services Administrator, the Greene County Children and Youth Services Advisory Board, and the Greene County Board of Commissioners.
2. Participates with Fiscal Department staff and Human Services Administrator in developing annual budgets and allocation of funds and coordinating Children and Youth Services in conjunction with that budget.
3. Interpret, monitor and evaluate the impact of government regulations, policy changes (state, local and federal) and procedures on the delivery of Greene County Children and Youth Services.
4. Ensures regular communication of issues related to Children and Youth Services policy, planning and funding to Human Services Administrator.
5. Participates with the Fiscal Department and Human Services Administrator in the negotiation of contracts for new services and other agreements for Children and Youth Services.
6. Assist in monitoring the provider network for fiscal and programmatic compliance with federal, state and local policy.
7. Consults with Children and Youth Services fiscal director regarding program finances, reporting requirements and ensures timely submission of necessary financial documents.
8. Ensures the proper data is entered into the CAPS software data collection system.
9. Ensures all data is entered into the statewide collection system.
10. Coordinate the activities of the Children and Youth Services Advisory Board which is a subcommittee of the Human Services Advisory Board and provide staff services to its members.
11. Serve on state and local committees as requested by Human Services Administrator.
12. Supervise the work of Casework Supervisors and the Children and Youth Administrative Assistant. Responsible for indirect supervision of caseworkers. Supervises designated staff, completes performance evaluations, and handles personnel-related matters. Reviews and approves Time Sheets and Weekly Schedules for assigned employees.
13. Supervises the coordination of all Children and Youth Plan meetings and any meetings necessary to support the families and youth.
14. Ensures the caseworkers collect and review assessment data and implement appropriate outcomes and positive approaches.
15. Oversees and ensures services are provided to family/individuals within their due process rights.
16. Develops and oversees the formulation of internal written policies and procedures.
17. Provides input into the development and implementation of the staff and provider / community training plan.
18. Conduct needs assessments, analysis, and surveys of community needs and resources when indicated. Prepare correspondence in relation these duties and responsibilities as requested by Humans Services Administrator. Develops Program policies and action plans for services.
19. Maintain effective working relationships with other human service agencies.
20. Attend meetings and training sessions of the PA Children and Youth Association as requested by Human Services Administrator.
21. Review and investigates complaints received from community regarding Children and Youth Service provision and discuss with Human Services Administrator.
22. Be available to on-call supervisor for direction in a crisis situation. Report crisis situations to Human Services Administrator.
23. Review and make final approval of all foster homes.
24. Prepares and submits an annual report to the Greene County Board of Commissioners, to the Greene County Human Services Advisory Board and to the Department which presents accomplishments on all programmatic activities of the CYS and its service delivery system.
OTHER DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Participate on the Human Services Directors Team and attend all meetings.
2. Maintains confidentiality of office affairs.
3. Performs other tasks as assigned by Human Services Administrator to ensure that program quality and program requirements are maintained.
4. Performs related work as required.
Receives occasional instruction and supervision from Human Services Administrator in regard to daily work duties.
Provides ongoing direction and supervision to CYS Case Management Supervisors and indirect supervision to caseworkers.
Works indoors in adequate work space, temperatures, ventilation and lighting.
Works with average indoor exposure to noise, stress and disruptions.
Normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must possess ability to record, convey and present information, explain procedures and
2. Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of
standing, walking, bending, twisting and reaching necessary to carry out job duties.
3. Medium work with occasional lifting/carrying of objects.
4. Sedentary work, with occasional from coordination movements of fingers/hands to simple
movements of feet/legs; torso necessary to carry out job duties.
5. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
6. Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stress of the position.
7. Must be able to pay close attention to details, coordinate efficiently and concentrate on
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Master’s Degree in the field of public or private social work preferred.
1. Four years of experience in the field of public or private social work, including one year in an administrative or supervisory capacity in a children and youth social service program agency; or
2. Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to speak and understand the English language in an understandable
manner in order to carry out essential functions of the job.
2. Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with co-workers and the general public.
4. Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to County information and records.
5. Must possess the technical knowledge of operating personal computers and other office equipment with accuracy and reasonable speed.
6. Must possess knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the ability to perform same in an efficient manner.
7. Must possess mental alertness, clerical and math aptitude and a general knowledge of business, English and grammar and the ability to perform these skills with accuracy and within reasonable speed.
8. Must possess the ability to work independently on complex clerical tasks.
9. Must possess ability to compose replies to routine correspondence.
10. Must possess basic math skills and ability to accurately prepare required reports and mathematical record keeping.
11. Must possess ability to meet and interact effectively with co-workers and general public and to respond accurately to routine questions/inquiries regarding department operations and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online at www.co.greene.pa.us
County of Greene PA - 17 months ago