Established Albany based law firm with offices in Syracuse, NY, Buffalo, NY, Washington, DC and Arlington, VA is seeking a Director of Client Relations to join its team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the nation. The firm is also recognized as one of Albany’s Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
The Director of Client Relations will oversee daily sales operations of the Client Relations department within a full service, fast paced law firm.
The Director of Client Relations is responsible for the performance, operations and quality control of the firm’s internal sales team. The Director of Client Relations will lead, manage and motivate individuals within the department in an effort to increase new business. This position will create, manage and develop a best in class, agile sales group that is responsible for booking consultations and assisting the firm’s attorneys in retaining clients.
The qualified candidate will have a proven track record in sales and revenue generation in addition to 1-2 years of sales management experience. This candidate will be responsible to recruit, train and coach a team of top performers. This is a detail oriented position requiring a high degree of analytical, organization and communication skills. The Director of Client Relations will also train and coach the firm’s attorneys on sales methods and techniques.
This person must have demonstrated leadership in their background and must have a results oriented approach. The candidate will be expected to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals set by the firm’s Chief of Operations.
- Responsible for all performance, training and professional development of the Client Relations team and the firm’s attorneys related to sales.
- Designs, implements, and manages metrics for driving sales productivity.
- Develop and implement sales related training strategies that lead to additional new business for the firm.
- Establish infrastructure and processes to support sales activities.
- Ensure that all inbound leads receive a prompt response.
- Ensure that all leads in the firm’s database receive follow-up according to the firm’s follow-up procedures.
- Strong motivational, negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Must be a self starter, pro-active and able to take the lead on tasks with minimal direction.
- Experience in a law firm is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a managerial sales role with a proven track record of success.
- Understanding of sales processes and fundamentals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite and intermediate skill level in Microsoft excel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to plan and implement strategic initiatives.
Interested applicants may send a resume, cover letter, sales track record and salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
Salary will be determined based on experience and education. Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, 401K, standard vacation and holidays.