The Director of Client Services is responsible for three critical areas in the Access2Care business unit. They are; internal and external quality assurance oversight and reporting; managing the administration team that is responsible for client relationships, service recovery and response to client credentialing activities; and leading program implementations including new contracts and the company’s internal strategic plan.
Responsible for directing, managing, planning, scheduling and reporting the progress of projects, quality management, and the reporting of AMR’s Network of Providers.
Responsibilities involve the successful implementation of integrated health facilitation and transportation coordination services for clients. Identify, develop and implement various support services required by G&NS or the client in order to enhance the overall relationship and degree of satisfaction to G&NS clients.
The Director will assist the VP of Access2Care and the account management team to ensure timely, efficient, appropriate and cost effective implementation of services within the standards of budget, policies, procedures and quality to satisfy internal and external requirements. The Director will identify, schedule, and allocate required resources including project teams. Such project teams may include analysts, managers, supervisors and other specialists.
The Director will make recommendations to the VP of Access2Care and others regarding any appropriate area of operations that would enhance services to clients. This could include, but is not limited to call center placement, call flow patterns, services provided, planning and other operational needs associated with the provision of services and the specific projects assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Services & General:
- Develops internal policy and procedures in compliance with contractual guidelines.
- Provide leadership and direction to Account Executives who work with health plan clients on a daily basis which results in strong, long-lasting relationships and fosters excellent communication.
- Provide oversight to the Service Recovery Team that responds to complaints and grievances.
- Direct members of the account management staff in addressing and responding to client’s questions, issues and other implementation matters as assigned.
- Responsible for mentoring, conducting performance evaluations, counseling and providing disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results. Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
- Keep management informed of project progress and problems, particularly when changes in schedule, resources, costs or product are required. Takes corrective action when required.
Ensure that all work and documentation meet the standards and expectations of the department and the projects
- Assist in the review of all work prior to its incorporation into the product or input into another project task.
- Design and produce presentation materials using graphic, multimedia, and presentation technologies. Conduct presentations to various levels of internal and external executives and management staff.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- The Director provides oversight of G&NS Quality Assurance processes, working with a Quality Manager and AMR’s National Medical Director. Monitors and reports operational and performance issues to ensure high integrity of operation is maintained.
- Responds to feedback from leadership to identify process improvement and efficiency and is responsible for managing Quality initiatives and performance monitoring for all national clients.
- Conduct annual process reviews in each center to ensure data integrity is at the highest levels.
- Facilitate the creation and activities of internal quality improvement efforts.
- Design and develop and implement systems, programs, policies and procedures related to project implementations that increase on-time and efficient service delivery. Lead Project Implementation Teams providing guidance and accountability for all team members.
- Coordinate the efforts of the implementation team with the efforts of other divisions, corporate office and outside agencies; in order to meet the project objectives.
- Work with various management and staff in enhancing project management skills and their respective understandings as to their roles and effect on a particular master project plan. Provide assistance, counsel and service to other members of AMR and G&NS staff.
- Communicate with all levels of client’s management team, including interacting with senior level executives, medical professionals and managers of hospital systems as well as managed care and insurance industry representatives and various levels of state, federal and local governments.
- Oversee and supervise the preparation of project plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources, cost projections and the inclusion of project milestones, review points and reporting thereof. Assign personnel to various projects and direct activities as required. Integrate resources to maximize their value. Monitor such assignments and projects to assure efficient and cost-effective utilization of company and human resources.
Develop project objectives and measurement criteria. Update Goal Tender to reflect department accomplishments in line with organizational strategies. Monitor measurement criteria and progress towards meeting project objectives. Take corrective action when required.
Complete assigned projects according to timelines, within project resources.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a BS/BA in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of three years project management experience which includes leading exempt level and management employees.
- Must have a minimum of five years of call center Quality Assurance experience.
- Must have a minimum of three years of facilitating, interpreting and working within the constraints of contracts.
EMSC is proud to be an AA EEO
American Medical Response - 20 months ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...