Black Pearl is an early stage start-up founded by entrepreneurs with a proven track record from Apple, Google , Netflix, Amazon and Microsoft. We have passion for building products that change the way we interact with the world. We have come together to create a category-defining product to tackle a problem that faces billions of technology users.
You are looking for an opportunity to leave a lasting impression in the consumer space. You are ready to roll up your sleeves to build a game-changing product. Solving big problems with equally motivated co-workers gets you excited. You love the concept of working in an early stage startup with both funding and focus.
About the job:
We are looking for a software visionary to lead the Client Technology Team. You will drive the development of the enabling technology for all of our client applications and partner devices. You will own a large part of the Black Pearl ecosystem and long term success.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Our ideal applicant is the following:
- Hiring and running an elite team of software engineers.
- Establishing software development methodologies that are conducive to shipping high quality software at a predictable schedule.
- Working with Product Management and User Experience to define product requirements and software roadmaps.
- Driving software architecture and technical requirements across cross-functional technical teams.
To be successful in this role, you must also have the following skills:
- A leader that can recruit and oversee exceptional engineering talent to build world-class teams.
- A hands-on technologist that can dive deep and hold his/her own with senior engineers.
- An execution focused software leader that has shipped mobile products in use by millions.
- An advocate for strong software development practices as a means to deliver a phenomenal product.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- 7+ years experience managing software teams.
- Expert-level skill in C++.
- Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networking technologies and security best practices.
- Experience developing multi-platform SDKs.
- Expertise with with one or more of Android, iOS, Mac OS X.