Reports to: Executive Director
This is a full-time position spending 100 percent of that time on Domestic Violence Counseling. Some evening and weekend work may be required due to the nature of the counseling we provide.
The Director of Clinical and Community Services provides intermediate range counseling for adults and children who are victims or survivors of domestic abuse, including adult survivors of child abuse, a child abuse victim, a parent of child abuse victim, a domestic violence victim. The Director supervises other counselors and graduate student interns engaged in the Domestic Violence Counseling Program.
1. Provides one-on-one and telephone crisis intervention with clients and provides appropriate referrals when applicable;
2. Utilizes sound therapeutic methods to provide counseling sessions for adults and children coping with issues related to domestic violence;
3. Attends and participates in all staff and agency-related meetings as indicated by the Executive Director;
4. Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained in client files and assists with maintaining pertinent records, such as statistical reports, for funders;
5. Provides community education and training in the form of presentations, tours, distribution of materials;
6. Serves as a liaison to other agencies and organizations working on similar issues;
7. Assists and supports Executive Director and other staff in fundraising and other agency events;
8. Assists and supports Executive Director in preparation of proposals for funding and services, reports, newsletters, etc., and
9. Other duties as necessary and assigned.
Minimum of Master’s Degree in human services and full licensure in their field in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Qualifications and Experience:
At least five (5) years of positive experience in working with individuals and families in crisis relating to domestic violence. High levels of knowledge of victimization issues and dynamics of domestic violence as well as professionally accepted therapeutic techniques. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work well in a team setting, high organization skills and flexibility.
Benefits: Available benefit package includes paid time off and
Benefits: Available Benefit Package includes paid time off and personal days, health, vision and dental insurance, and elective participation in a retirement plan.
Hanna Resource Group - 16 months ago