This position oversees communication of the mission and ministry of First Presbyterian Church. It is responsible for strategically shaping internal and external communication to promote ministries, encourage participation, highlight mission, and reinforce core identity. Responsibilities include coordinating messages with staff and committees; writing, design, and production of print materials; continuous improvement of the website; and expansion into wider media.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategy for internal and external communications.
- Develop an updated website. Develop and implement system for timely strategic and timely posting and withdrawal of information by designated people
- Develop and manage all aspects of internal communications, including bulletin inserts, newsletters, annual report, posters, flyers, bulletin boards, signage and other media. This can include writing, editing, designing, layout and production.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CAPABILITIES:
- Some college or college degree preferred, with focus on computer applications, and experience with implementing and updating websites
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing and editing with desktop publishing
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Word, Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Wordpress, Dreamweaver and Fireworks preferred
- Ability to use good judgment and make independent decisions
- Ability to function well with little supervision
- Knowledge of church life preferred
Indeed - 10 months ago