Headquartered in San Francisco, One Medical Group is transforming the customer experience in primary care medicine. Called “a new model for primary care that aims to set a nationwide example,” by The New York Times, we’ve rethought everything about the doctor’s experience and are leveraging technology and service to improve the quality and accessibility of care.
Our company is backed by top-tier venture capitalists and operates multiple offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Boston and Chicago with plans to continue expanding nationally. We are a smart and energetic team that is passionate about customer experience, technology and revolutionizing health care. Our management team members have degrees from top schools and have proven track records of success within startups and global consumer companies.
We’re Seeking a Communications Leader to Create a Department from Scratch
The time is now to build the public relations and communications function at One Medical Group. Our next move is to hire a rock star with approximately 10 years of experience in various communications and public relations roles, who can help our company navigate the trends and opportunities at intersection of three industries: consumer, technology and health care.
This position provides a rare opportunity to help build a consumer brand and revolutionize an industry. You will start as a department of one with internal team resources and a minimal budget. You’ll work with top management to define the PR strategy for the company and integrate it with the other marketing functions including online, social media, and direct response. For the right individual, there is tremendous potential to grow with us as we expand. This role is highly visible to top management, and you’ll work directly with the CEO and other leaders.
Our Director of Communications will have a proven track record of success and outstanding performance in challenging environments, working with talented co-workers at the top of their game. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Communications will lead our PR strategy, media relations and external business communications.
- Define focused and penetrating PR strategy to drive new member acquisition, brand awareness, and thought leadership
- Work closely with marketing, content development, social media, product management and physicians to develop key messages, content and creative opportunities
- Develop measurement tool for public relations programs and projects; analyze, assess, and report on effectiveness of projects and campaigns
- Identify national, local, business, consumer, tech, and health-care media targets, and pursue those targets for favorable press coverage
- Conceptualize and manage story angles and materials used in pitching targeted media
- Manage proactive media relations strategy designed to cultivate relationships with targeted media and generate publicity that increases company awareness
- Prepare and coach media spokespeople in advance of press interviews
- Plan local events to drive community engagement and local awareness
- Identify select speaking opportunities for One Medical CEO and other executives to raise awareness for the company
- Serve as the company’s lead writer for all external PR content
- Manage marketing communications content
- Work with the Online Marketing team to develop web content
- Manage preparation of all press and strategic documents including bylined articles and press releases
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Creative and strategic thinker, problem solver who devises with outside-the-box solutions
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a communications function from the ground up
- A proven ability to develop beneficial media relationships along with established relationships with top-tier journalists and bloggers
- Experience with both traditional and new media (blogs, social networks, etc.) in telling the company’s story
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of success, setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Approximately 10 years of experience as a communications professional with a specific expertise in media relations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in consumer, technology and health care PR preferred
This position will be located in One Medical Group’s San Francisco office. Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter.
One Medical Group - 14 months ago
At One Medical Group, we are experts in the art and science of preventive health. From treating the root cause of an illness to combining...