The Potomac School in McLean, Virginia, three miles from Washington, DC, seeks an experienced Director of Communications for a full time position beginning July 1, 2013. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing an integrated marketing and communications program that supports the Schools strategic plan and advances understanding and support for the School among internal and external constituencies. This senior level position, reporting to the Head of School, will oversee all School communications, including electronic and print publications, marketing materials and website content.
The Director of Communications will be a strategic thinker and self-starter with excellent writing skills and will possess the ability to manage a complex communications program while maintaining a steady focus on advancing the Schools vision . Desired qualifications include: at least five years of managerial experience ; exemplary written, editing and o ral skills ; experience creating and administering strategic communications plans ; experience with a wide range of media ; ability to manage multiple priorities; excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills. Experience in public relations and with independent schools is desirable.
The Potomac School is a K-12 coeducational, independent school, located in McLean, Virginia, three miles from Washington, DC. Our School comprises four distinct yet interconnected divisions: Lower (K-3), Middle (4-6), Intermediate (7-8) and Upper (9-12). We have 1 , 015 students, about 35% of which are from diverse backgrounds.
- Oversees all school communications, including e-communications , website content and print materials
- Responsible for public and media relations
- Provides counsel to the Head of School, the administrative team and the Board of Trustees
- Responsible for emergency communications and serves on School Security Committee
- Responsible for biannual School (Alumni) magazine
- Responsible for School branding and marketing
- Coordinates and collaborates with the Admission Office regarding marketing and communication needs .
- Coordinates and supports Development Office initiatives and communications needs
If interested in the position, s end a cover letter, current salary and resume to The Potomac School, Attn: Human Resources Director , by fax (703) 356-4651 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples will be required of finalists . Please refer to our website for all available job postings: www.potomacschool.org .
The Potomac School is an Equal Opportunity E mployer.
washingtonpost.com - 15 months ago