Director of Compensation and Benefits
Headquartered in Boston’s historic Fanueil Hall, WinnCompanies is a visionary national real estate company dedicated to the highest standards of excellence. Through its companies, WinnDevelopment, WinnResidential and WinnMilitary housing, Winn develops, acquires and manages multifamily, affordable, senior, mixed-income, market rate, as well as commercial properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnDevelopment has since acquired and developed real estate holdings valued in excess of $2.0 billion. The company’s portfolio includes more than 90,000 residences across 23 states, and it has converted more than five million square feet of property into prime commercial space. WinnCompanies’ work is defined by a commitment to innovative financing and the highest standards of professionalism
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Human Resources in this newly-created position, the Director, Compensation and Benefits will have overall accountability for the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s total reward programs which include all its compensation and benefits plans, and its Safety and worker’s compensation program. Working with his/her staff, and the human resources team, the Director, Compensation and Benefits will work to maximize employee engagement by designing and administering total rewards programs that assist WinnCompanies in recognizing and retaining its employees. This position must also remain informed about, and ensure compliance with, all federal and applicable state regulation and legislation influencing compensation and benefits. The new Director, Compensation and Benefits will have significant opportunity to impact WinnCompanies through the creation of new programs and the consolidation and/or redesign of multiple current total reward programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, and manage Winn’s first formal salary classification and compensation program.
- Assess, review, potentially redesign and administer all current and future Winn total reward and bonus programs.
- Participate in appropriate salary surveys, conduct competitive analysis and determine appropriate total compensation for Winn employees.
- Recommend salary increase and merit budgets across Winn’s divisions. Provide advice on salary increase requests and develop salary increase guidelines.
- Manage and administer executive compensation programs ensuring competitiveness and compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Assist in preparing job descriptions and classifying employee groups consistently.
- Assign Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) status and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) job classification for all positions at WinnCompanies.
- Manage and evaluate all of WinnCompanies’ benefits programs including health and welfare programs. Ensure benefits are in keeping with market trends and Winn’s financial resources.
- Direct WinnCompanies benefits broker and negotiate coverage services and costs with carriers to ensure comprehensive service levels and competitive rates.
- Staff Retirement Plan Committee in collaboration with other HR staff members.
- Create and implement wellness programming in keeping with needs of WinnCompanies’ employees and company objectives.
- Manage WinnCompanies’ leave programs ensuring compliance and an effective relationship with outsourced vendor.
- Create highly creative and effective programs to communicate Winn’s total reward programs to its diverse employee population spread across 24 states.
- Create formal HIPAA compliance program.
- Advise management and employees on state and federal regulations, collective bargaining agreement terms, benefits and compensation policies and worker’s compensation management practices.
- Actively participate in implementation of new HRIS System. Assist in design and input of benefits and compensation sections of new HRIS.
- Managing benefits and compensation staff by coaching, mentoring and providing feedback.
- BA/BS with a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience.
- Experience working in a multi-state environment with a diverse employee population, deep knowledge of benefits and compensation regulations, proven experience designing various types of compensation programs, and with executive pay plans is also required.
- Proven abilities to work in a fast-paced and changing environment highly desirable, as is a collaborative approach and prior experience implementing HRIS systems and/or with Davis-Bacon regulations.
- 24 months ago - save job