*This position may reside in either Ridgeland, MS or Nashville, TN*
- Operates within Firm’s established procedures and standards through planning, evaluating, organizing, and directing the events and activities of the Conference Center Managers and Audio Visual Managers and oversees the activity of the Conference Service operations
- Partners with Firm to establish protocols, make process improvements and expense management recommendations as well as handles responsibility for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for personnel in the department.
- Administers the Firm’s Conference Services Policy
- Provides oversight and strategic direction for planning, implementing, and coordinating management of highly complex meetings and conferences.
- Has a fundamental and strategic understanding of events, meetings, and hospitality services and can independently manage and make recommendations to management.
- Develops and oversees training for team members to ensure that department personnel are following all procedures, policies, and guidelines, as established by management.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of professionalism, ensuring that client service is a high priority and that exceptional service is maintained at all times.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of hospitality and AV staff. Helps to identify staff development and cross-training.
- Manages utilization, training and performance of the audio visual equipment.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget and helps to ensure that the department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors who provide services for the Conference Service Operations in each of the Firm’s locations.
- Implements strategies to achieve performance targets.
- Ensures that every Client is receiving a 5-star experience.
- Ability to travel to other Firm office locations on an as-needed basis
- Possess in-depth knowledge of systems, tools, work routines, and procedures related to events, conferences and meetings. Meeting planning experience is a must.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to a fast-paced and changing work environment in a practical and effective way, enabling others to do the same
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer skills required including in depth experience and knowledge of full range of Microsoft Suite programs
- Ability to put emphasis on teamwork into practice through being a great team leader and/or team member, promoting cooperation within and between teams across the firm.
- Experience working with Audio Visual equipment.
- Ability to work in a professional environment required including ability to interact with clients in a highly professional manner.
- Food Service Professional Certification a Plus
- CMP Certification a Plus
- Approximately 3-5 years of related work experience
Butler Snow - 4 months ago