Job reference #2501-045
The Director of Consumer Lending will be responsible for achieving all assigned retail lending production objectives. They are responsible to assist in the development and implementation of all Consumer Lending policies, objectives, and initiatives within the organization. They are responsible for the member loan experience. The Director of Consumer Lending will assist the SVP of Retail Lending in the development of new initiatives to reach the strategic and tactical goals of the organization.
- The Director of Consumer Lending will manage the activities of the Consumer Lending Department, including Direct and Indirect Auto, unsecured, and Credit Card lending. This includes ensuring the day-to-day operations of the department and maintenance of a high level of member service as all times across all delivery channels.
- The Director of Consumer Lending is responsible for the generation of consumer loan revenue for the organization.
- The Director of Consumer Lending is responsible compliance to all Consumer related regulatory and risk management compliance.
- The Director of Consumer Lending will participate in the development and implementation of new Consumer Lending initiatives within the organization.
- The Director of Consumer Lending will participate in strategic Credit Union member and developmental events to promote the loan growth and meet the member loan servicing needs of the organization in a pro-active manner. This will include continued expansion of loan product delivery channels and option and member product offering expansion.
- The Director of Consumer Lending is responsible to the President of the CUSO for the development and implementation and sale of ancillary products and services, such as GAP, MMP and Debt Cancelation.
- The Director of Consumer Lending is responsible for any projects and other duties as assigned by the SVP of Retail Lending.
Work environment: indoor office.
Work position: standing 15%, walking 15%, and sitting 70%. Minimal lifting ~30lbs. and some carrying, bending, reaching, kneeling/squatting and climbing stairs/ladders.
- B.S. degree or equivalent.
- Seven years in lending management to include Consumer Lending Management. Comprehensive knowledge of loan products and credit practices, risk management, negotiating interest rates and price, terms and collateral requirements. Should demonstrate success in sales and marketing. Outstanding member service and business development skills are required, along with strong credit analysis skills.
- Qualified candidate must demonstrate high integrity, a sincere commitment to provide top-level service and maintain strong relationships. The candidate must have the ability to work as a proactive self-starter and team player. Excellent organizational and analytical skills are required, with significant depth of interpersonal, verbal and written communication expertise.