The Director of Continuous Improvement will enable the creation of an organization-wide culture of continuous improvement that drives out waste throughout all business processes. Continuous Improvement (CI) is an ongoing value added effort to incrementally improve products, services and processes from the customers’ point of view with minimal financial impact and without additional workforce and space.
The Director of CI is the driving force to ensure successful implementation and sustainability on both the strategic and management level through planning, implementing and managing the programs in the field and at the corporate level.
- Plans, coordinates and directs activities and initiatives that have broad organizational impact focusing on continuous improvement across the Benjamin Moore organization. Sets the corporate direction for CI and takes the lead in fostering the professional development of CI Managers by being a proactive change agent in driving a CI culture.
- Oversee all decisions on strategic and operational continuous improvement projects and workshops. Ensure they are aligned to the overall strategic plan and business operating plans.
- Lead field management teams on workshops and project topics. Build capability of team members to lead workshops and take CI to the next level.
- Responsible for the documentation of all strategic and operational issues.
- Oversee communication plan to keep the organization informed and engaged in continuous improvement.
- Develop and gain agreement with field teams and CI leaders on proposals for potential workshop and project topics. Develop a risk ranking process for workshop execution.
- Oversee planning of workshops and projects in coordination with the CI Project Managers and field implementation team.
- Lead and follow-up on plans for activities, workshops and projects in coordination with the appropriate field implementation team.
- Develop and monitor established processes to assure they are functioning according to improvement plans.
- Ensure compliance with documentation of improvement activities.
- Develop a lean reporting system to measure CI progress both in Supply Chain and Business Process Improvement,
- Engage leaders to understand the benefit of CI and use of resources for process improvement. Oversee regular analysis of potential areas to improve quality, cost and delivery reliability.
- Develop and refine training material and simulation games, execute against training plan.
- Organize, present and gain consensus on future improvement measures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Minimum of 10 years of general business experience
10 – 15 years of Lean experience (Toyota Production System) with established track record of leading and sustaining successful implementations.
Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques in a varied manufacturing, distribution and administrative environment
Strong leadership and team building skills; ability to motivate others
Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills as well as excellent written/oral communication skills
Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
Resourceful problem solver who possesses creativity
Strong business sense and professional presence
Ability to work independently and to drive work to completion
Commitment to excellence and willingness to work hard in a demanding environment
Ability to work with diverse teams across multiple disciplines within the organization
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Project Management Applications
Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in these areas has...