Cambridge International Systems, Inc.
Cambridge designs, implements, and operates communication solutions across the United States and around the world. Cambridge creates solutions and provides services in: Network Design/Operation; RF Engineering; Satellite Communications; Surveillance and IFF Systems; Data Fusion and Intel Support; and Telephony and Transmission. Cambridge is committed to providing the expertise and customer service required to get top results. This philosophy is put into practice daily, from fusion center operations in Afghanistan to transmission and telephony services in the Caribbean. Cambridge is a woman-owned, veteran-owned, and SDB company.
Cambridge is a company that promotes a work environment that encourages professional and personal growth and a culture where each employee is respected and valued. Cambridge also values the diverse background of their employees including minorities, veterans, women, and disabled. We take pride in being a veteran friendly employer, celebrating and embracing individual differences, and providing equal opportunity to all. Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability. More information can be found at www.cbridgeinc.com (EEO/AA)
Director of Contracts
Requisition ID: 00335
Business Unit: Corporate
Location: Arlington, VA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: None
Oversees, m anag es and coordinates all activities involved in the administration of all contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders in accordance with Federal Regulations, company policy and procedure, and appropriate standard business practices. The Director of Contracts will manage and assist in the administration of a variety of contracts to include Indefinite Delivery - Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), Cost-Plus-Award-Fee (CPAF) and Time-and-Materials (T&M) and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements. The Director will share responsibility with the Program and Project Managers for winning and effectively administering DoD Government and international contracts for Production, Engineering, Service projects and programs.
- Ass ume full Contract & Subcontract D epartment responsibilities from proposal preparat ion to final contract close-out for assigned contracts and proposal efforts .
- Work on strategic proposals which may require the development, negotiation and administration of Teaming Agreements, Nondisclosure Agreements, Consulting agreements, etc.
- Perform contract/subcontract review, negotiations and interface with customer/vendor contracting personnel. Review all contract/subcontract modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy. Assist with cost proposals to address Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Notify management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Monitor contracts for compliance with regulations (including Property Management, Security) as well as performance to ensure cost, technical and quality requirements are successfully met
- Participate in customer business management reviews, focusing on contractual issues.
- Work with legal counsel to advise management on contractual rights and obligations.
- Document best practices and develop policies and procedures that conform to government regulations with the goal of the Company securing formal government approval of its contracting/purchasing system.
- Develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives and goals
- Resolution of disputes and problems with assigned contracts
- BA/BS in related field or applicable discipline preferred, or equivale nt years experience. Generally ten or more y ears of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting large IDIQ contracts with multiple team members.
- Must have prior experience growing and exceeding expectations in a Small Business Government Contracting environment
- R ecognized as a functional expert and thought leader within the department and broader organization. Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions. Contributes to strategic program development.
- Commitment to customer service and abilit y to guide department personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
- Demonstrated solid working knowledge of FAR / DFARS, regulations, and legal concepts and the development, negotiation and administration of high-dollar, multi-year, complex contracts and subcontracts. A working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, Pricing and/or Project Control is a plus.
- Formal training or certifications in contracts management or certification in the contracting/purchasing fields is required
Monster - 15 months ago