Reporting to the Senior Vice President of HR, the Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs sets and guides the strategy for all external and internal corporate level communications and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Capsugel’s vision and strategies. Working collaboratively with Capsugel senior leadership, the Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs develops and implements communication strategies to broaden the visibility and understanding of Capsugel’s business both internally and externally and oversees organizational messaging.
Ensure consistent articulation of Capsugel’s desired image and position throughout the organization and to all constituencies, both internal and external.
Collaborate with and support the CEO and senior leadership to develop and execute communications strategies that will enhance Capsugel’s leadership position both inside and outside of Capsugel
Internal Organizational Communications
- Develop and refine Capsugel’s “core” messages to ensure organizational consistency
- Help ensure Capsugel’s vision, mission and values are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Support all writing and presentation needs of ELT (including speeches, stakeholder letters, presentations, etc)
- Develop and implement an annual internal communications plan for the Capsugel organization which includes regular messaging from the executive leadership team and broad communication about key initiatives and Capsugel successes
- Help create a consistent Capsugel culture around the world
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Capsugel corporate level print and electronic collateral including newsletters, brochures, and the Capsugel’s intranet
- Lead the generation of intranet content that engages colleagues
- Work with colleagues across Capsugel to help develop and execute communications programs including HR initiatives, IT initiatives, Legal programs, etc.
External Corporate Communications
- Provide consultation and support to other colleagues on all aspects of communications and public relations
Maintain and enforce the Capsugel Corporate Identity Standards in order to ensure a consistent appearance for all Capsugel print and electronic materials such as letterhead, Capsugel logo, etc. Work with Marketing team to ensure product and service brochures and other marketing materials are in line with corporate identity standards.
- Guide external messaging about Capsugel including the development of standard boilerplate, elevator speech, key messages, etc. for use by colleagues around the world
- Develops external relationships with industry media. Identifies and manages PR agencies. Develops the PR plan and coordinates all public relation activities;
- Compose and produce corporate (i.e. general business related) press releases, fact sheets, brochures and other materials that enhance Capsugel’s image and position within the marketplace (Product and service focused materials are owned and managed by Marketing)
- Identify media opportunities that can be leveraged to support Capsugel’s strategies, and create and implement plans to exploit them
- Oversee organizational response to inquiries about Capsugel including acting as Capsugel’s representative and/or supporting senior leadership in doing so
- Support Investor Relations team in the development of messages and communications materials for our investors
Serve as executive editor for the Capsugel’s website and coordinate webpage maintenance, ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly. Works with coordination with Marketing Communications for Capsugel corporate level messaging.
Occasional to moderate based on business need.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in a related field (e.g. communications, marketing, etc.).
- Master’s or MBA degree, preferred.
- 15+ years working in a leadership position in a Marketing and/or Communications role in either the pharmaceutical industry or more technical business-to-business company.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing global communication strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- investor relations
- internal communications
- brand management
- public affairs
- digital media and website management
- media relations
- corporate responsibility
- crisis and issues management
- M&A communications
- measurement and effectiveness
- Experience utilizing multiple and varied communications channels, from traditional to new and emerging, to broaden the overall reach and evolving needs of the organization.
- Highly collaborative nature with ability to work with others across all levels of a growing organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with and coach and support the CEO and senior leaders.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage cross-functional teams by influence.
- Ability to effectively manage agencies and contractors to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Power point, Outlook) .
- Experience with Content Management Systems for managing website content a plus.
Capsugel - 9 months ago