Director of Corporate Security (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
The Director of Corporate Security, at the direction of SILVER Airways V.P. of Safety, Security & Regulatory Compliance provides support, coordination, and follow-up concerning the Security Program and investigation of security incidents.
Essential Job Functions:
The Director of Corporate Security is the liaison between all SILVER Airways Departments and SILVER Airways assigned TSA Principle Security Inspector (PSI) to provide support and compliance for SILVER Airways concerning the Security Program.
Act as a liaison between SILVER Airways, government authorities, and law enforcement agencies.
Ensure the effectiveness of the security program by regular evaluation and inspection.
Develop and disseminate security standards and practices to provide management with direction and control.
Monitor and oversee security functions of external organizations and insure that security controls are properly implemented.
Ensure cargo and mail is accepted and handled in accordance with SILVER Airways polices, code share airline policies, FAA and TSA Regulations.
Interact with local station management and TSA officials to correct any deficiencies in the security program.
Provide specialized advice to all levels of management in all security functions, protection, intelligence, information.
Investigate incidents involving threats or acts of unlawful interference.
Initiate special security measures during periods of increased threat.
Development / approval of forms and instructions for implementing SILVER Airways security program.
Require reporting of security related events.
Conduct security related investigations, including internal / external theft.
Review of SILVER Airways facilities and operations with regards to Company Policies and Procedures for appropriate security precautions to ensure the safety and security of employees, guests and corporate property.
Assist the Officer-in-Charge for the GO Team during accident/incident response by providing security for the GO-Team, incident site and corporate headquarters
Maintaining a corporate employee Identification System.
At the direction of the V.P. of Safety, Security & Regulatory Compliance provide support, coordination, and follow up concerning the Security Program and investigation of security incidents.
Assist the V.P. of Safety, Security & Regulatory Compliance as may be directed.
On Call – 24/7
Conducts other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Possess skills in analyzing potential problems or deviations from security standards to coordinate development of security plans and corrective action compliance plans
- Possess skills in presenting inspection/investigative findings, recommendations, and interacting effectively to establish alliances and skills to maintain effective working relationships with internal departments and external service providers
- Possess written communication skills to effectively present information, including inspection/investigative reports with internal departments and external service providers
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screen, and FBI Fingerprint 10 Year Criminal Background Check
Education and Experience
- 3 -5 years previous airline management experience and/or formal training
- Director level or above experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Sight: Must be able to see well enough to read reports
· Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and team members.
· Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department
· Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products
· Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds repeatedly
· Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources
· Working Conditions: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
Silver Airways offers excellent benefits including travel benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V/G
Silver Airways - 21 months ago