The Manager assumes responsibility for the safe, effective, and efficient delivery of nursing care for a designated unit(s). Efforts are focused on providing appropriate structures to support safe care, quality improvement activities to ensure high quality care and continuous improvement processes to ensure cost containment/reduction, encouraging staff development and insuring that staff competence is maintained at an acceptable level.
This position will assume responsibility for the MedWest Harris Emergency Department and ICU.
1. Must fulfill the education requirements of the Registered Nurse and hold an unencumbered/current North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Management experience and/or educational preparation preferred (BS encouraged).
3. Demonstration of leadership skills, good people skills, and dependability required.
4. Experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting for at least 3-years preferred.
5. Excellent communication skills required.
6. Current BLS certification within 3 months of hire and maintain thereafter.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 20 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
8. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
1. Potential exposure to patients who may be physically or verbally abusive.
2. Potential exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous materials.
3. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during several patient and equipment related activities.
4. Occasionally exposed to noise and unpleasant odors. Often works long hours, participates in the call schedule which requires working during the evening and night hours as required.
The WestCare staff is committed to making sure you receive the finest care available. During your stay, please take time to read and...