RingCentral provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments.
As the Director of Customer Care, you will marry RingCentral’s focus on customer experience with the #1 cloud-based business phone system to provide superior service to our customers while playing an active role in the continuous improvement and innovation of our RingCentral offerings. You will lead the North American team dedicated to RingCentral Customer Care as it relates to technical support, self-service resources, product improvement, and carrier management. You will bring, adopt and deploy best practices.
You will also be responsible for defining our North America based support offerings and building the team to deliver these offerings. This will involve ramping up the size of the team to support the growth of the business, managing team performance to deliver on Service Level Agreement targets, creating new processes to drive team efficiency as well as analyzing business results to influence RingCentral’s strategy. These initiatives and results are expected to elevate the organization to the next level of service excellence.
- Learn RingCentral’s business including our approach to customer service and our customer-back focus.
- Drive prioritization to fix bugs and issues by working with the development and product organizations.
- Develop and drive the overall direction, coordination and execution for US based support.
- Drive the successful launch of US based support operations for larger, enterprise customers.
- As the customer advocate for our larger business customers, influence initiatives across teams for product improvement, enhancements, offerings, etc.
- Contribute to strategic planning for carrier partners, our enterprise customers and our premium support clients.
- Plan and optimize utilization of RingCentral resources and manpower to meet company objectives and KPI’s.
- Identify and implement change or develop new processes that support RingCentral’s fast growth.
- Execute people and performance management to drive career development and team productivity.
- Ensure that organization structure and staffing plans are appropriate to achieve organizational objectives.
- Develop, implement & coordinate programs and operating procedures to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify and integrate technologies into the RingCentral support website to better resolve customer issues.
- Determine opportunities to create deeper self-service and automation tools.
- Manage escalated issues and collaborate with other department leaders to expedite resolution.
- Prepare and present both written and verbal communication and updates to colleagues and leadership.
- Accountable for the ongoing recruiting, hiring and retention of staff at all levels.
- Write & conduct performance evaluations, make employment decisions & set performance goals for the team.
- Define objectives and provide rewards and recognition to individuals or teams once results are achieved.
- Bachelors Degree Required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years leadership experience in a world-class technical support or operational organization.
- Experience in quality engineering, process improvement or operational excellence.
- Solid understanding of process improvement ideally including Lean, Kaizen or Six Sigma.
- Entrepreneurial individual who role models outstanding management and leadership characteristics.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- Worked with US-based and global teams and have demonstrated experience with international practices.
- Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements.
- Experience working with telecommunications, networking or Software-as-a-Service products.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, hiring and retaining highly skilled and highly motivated employees.
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including listening and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral provides small businesses with world-class business capabilities that, until recently, were available only to large corporations. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
Founded in 1993, RingCentral, Inc. is a leading supplier of PC-based fax and telephony communications software. The company makes and...