This position is responsible for developing, communicating and executing on a single customer service vision across all methods of customer contact, company-wide that ensures the highest levels of customer service within every channel. This position is responsible for providing leadership to create and execute on a corporate customer experience strategy throughout our infrastructure that aligns with organizational goals and effectively utilizes all of our resources. The position will be responsible for enhancing the customer service strategies and related resources for Airgas to support Airgas’ strategic focus on industrial and service segments, field, telesales and ebusiness channels and core product offerings.
The position will have direct leadership responsibility of the existing national customer service organization currently known as the Strategic Account Customer Service teams in Germantown, WI, and the Strategic Account Key Accounts desk in Allentown, PA, as well as the Sales Service team in Germantown, WI, which includes the technical support team.
Future leadership of the Airgas ebusiness customer service team is also part of this role.
- Actively collaborate with all levels of the organization, various business units and channels to identify improvement opportunities, improve functionality, develop efficiencies and manage procedures and activities that influence the customer experience.
- Work with various Leaders, Managers and Supervisors to set performance standards. Drive coaching of all Customer Service activities and resources in order to achieve high performance. Deploy the appropriate training agenda for the organization, locations and department members. Develop and report the appropriate metrics to drive the overall customer service experience and deploy CSR productivity metrics to manage Customer Service Rep performance and to make staffing decisions.
- Oversee customer service objectives by working with location and department leadership on developing / analyzing customer service information and recommendations to support strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Accomplish customer service human resource objectives by insuring that Airgas recruits, selects, orients, trains, assigns, schedules, coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees in the customer service role; assist with communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with Corporate, Divisional and Business Unit Leadership regarding strategies, objectives and activities. Work directly with this group to maintain appropriate alignment with short and long term objectives.
- Maintain contact with account management, outside sales force, Regional Leadership, strategic account sales and support teams as well as customer site and corporate level contacts to ensure customer satisfaction.
Maintain innovation and improvements by maintaining contact with professional organizations, customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices
- Manage internal and external efforts to support all assigned customer accounts while maintaining a profitable business relationship.
- Insure that customer service team members incorporate the selling program in daily communications with customers.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of related work experience with preferably 5-8 years in customer service management within a distribution environment.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to learn the Airgas organization and operational structure.
- Strategic thinker who can develop actionable plans to support vision and strategy.
- Ability to impart change and manage activity via peer to peer influence.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Customer service systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong interest and focus on employee training
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.
- Negotiation skills
- Strong interest in both internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates.
- Ability to develop high performance teams and a strong team player.
- Self-starting, proactive individual that is comfortable working independently and in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, some exposure to Access beneficial
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...