Director of Customer Service
Crane is a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and specialty composites. The Crane brand is one of the most recognizable names in stationery and has been providing the highest quality of craftsmanship in stationery since 1801. The simple elegance of cotton papers have long made Crane the paper of choice for fine stationery and invitations. Crane is also one of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry. US currency paper has been produced by Crane since 1879. Crane recently acquired William Arthur, one of the leading brands of fine stationery in the US.
The Stationery division is based in New York City with manufacturing operations located in North Adams, MA.
The Director of Customer Service will oversee and manage all contact center operations at the North Adams location and will have responsibility for all line and staff functions. The Director of Customer Service supports the Workforce Planning and Performance Analyst, the Training and Quality Assurance Supervisor, and the Customer Service Supervisor. The Customer Service Supervisor has responsibility up to fifteen (15) Customer Service Representatives. The objective for the Director of Customer Service is to create a motivating work environment that contributes to the center's ability to deliver outstanding service to Crane customers. The director spends approximately 60% of their time working with the management team to review hourly, daily and weekly performance, reviewing the contact volume forecast and staffing plans, and discussing plans for improving performance and adjusting staff to meet quality and service performance goals. The director assesses each direct report's performance results and accomplishments on a monthly basis in accordance with Crane's guidelines.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
- Bachelor Degree in a business related area
- Prior management experience with proven supervisory skills
- 3-5 years of customer service experience with strong staff and line operations experience
- Able to establish and communicate a vision for the organization
- Able to ensure that people have the same goals, and when necessary, that separate goals still support the vision
- Strong organizational skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Proficient in the use of a computer and business software
- Knowledgeable, experienced and proficient with contact center telephone system requirements and design
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Enjoys working with people including problem solving and follow-through
- Able to handle personal and confidential information
- Able to deal with personnel under circumstances requiring tact and diplomacy
- Able to delegate skillfully
- Effective listening skills
- Able to manage within and across other organizations, representing organization needs
- Proven track record in results management
- Demonstrates tolerance and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
Crane & Co.
Crane has been a global producer of currency products for more than 200 years and is entrusted by more than 50 central banks to play an...