The Director of Cybersecurity Initiatives will perform complex duties relating to the development and coordination of NCI cybersecurity initiatives. This position will develop strategies to promote the NCI as an academic and research center dedicated to increasing knowledge in the cybersecurity discipline, and to help government, military, and industry sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology, and education. The position will work to promote Excelsior College and the NCI as leaders in the cybersecurity discipline and to enhance the visibility of the College's cybersecurity programs.
The skills and knowledge required for this position include team leadership, ability to meet budget requirements and deadlines, familiarity with online education, marketing strategies, social media, and computer applications, as well as problem solving and decision making skills. This person must be able to think strategically, gain consensus, collaborate effectively with multiple groups, and execute plans to meet the goals of the NCI.
- Proactively promote and position the NCI and the College as thought leaders in the cybersecurity discipline.
- Proactively cultivate and foster relationships with government agencies and industry to promote the College and the NCI as leaders in cybersecurity.
- Design and implement academic and research initiatives to increase knowledge in the cybersecurity discipline.
- Contribute to enhancing the NCI's role as a thought leader in cybersecurity.
- Travel as needed to promote the cybersecurity programs.
- Establish effective works plans to accomplish goals and manage workflow efficiently.
- Solicit/obtain grant funding for individual or collaborative cybersecurity research/projects.
- Collaborate to develop webinars, podcasts, and other media.
- Collaborate to develop white papers, other publications, and professional research.
- Proactively promote and market the NCI and the College to enhance the visibility of Excelsior's cybersecurity programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or significant progress towards the completion of a Master's in the field of cybersecurity or related field (earned PhD preferred), or equivalent experience in the targeted community.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Certifications from professional organizations preferred.
- Prominent practitioner in the cybersecurity field.
- Ability to leverage and nurture relationships with government, industry, military, and academic thought leaders in the cybersecurity field.
- Familiarity with online education.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, organizational, and communication skills.
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...