The Director of Datacenter Operations is responsible for providing strong leadership for the operations team and maintaining a secure, scalable, and efficient datacenter facility. The duties of this position entail oversight of the hardware infrastructure, network infrastructure, provisioning and maintenance practices, security practices, disaster recovery planning and execution, as well as general oversight of daily operations.
The candidate must have 5+ years of experience in datacenter management and have an in-depth understanding of datacenter infrastructure. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills. This position will require superior organization, prioritization, documentation, and multitasking abilities. The candidate must have strong references. This is an on-call position.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on technical abilities and will be experienced in the following:
· Linux operating systems, primarily CentOS / RHEL, including provisioning, maintenance and security practices as part of LAMP stack.
· Server hardware configuration and provisioning.
· Datacenter general infrastructure management including racking, cabling, organization and other daily practices.
· Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualization technology.
· Network software (ie. CISCO IOS) and hardware (ie. CISCO, IBM, DELL, HP, Brocade, etc…)
· OpenStack cloud computing software.