From providing a living experience that is smart, efficient, and maybe even a little bit fun, to going above and beyond in responding to our neighbors, to taking us beyond a commodity that competes on square footage and amenities, Prometheus is continually re-defining what a Director of Design might be. Challenging convention and recreating the leasing and living experience is where we're headed. Innovation and unsurpassed customer service experience are the yardsticks by which we measure success.
The Director of Design provides is responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing all design activities for existing properties. This position will help develop brand design standards and implement ongoing brand aesthetic policy. Oversees design/physical brand and product experience at all existing properties. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Portfolio Management and the Executive Vice President of Development. This position has a bonus potential of 10%-20%.
Design Management – Create and generate new concepts and design ideas in preparation for operation execution. Update and keep current Brand Standard Guide for new and existing communities. Develop companywide quality assurance program to monitor and measure consistent experience. Develop complete design package for interior design for renovation projects. Period visits to all properties to identify design opportunities, and ensure quality and brand strategy are achieved.
Project Management - Specification and budget projections and management of design intent and quality during execution. Review design and recommend solutions. Manage design requests and project manage implementation of design solutions within project budget and timelines. Participate in development of budgets projections. Attend status meetings to review and report status of projects. Participate in due diligence in acquisitions of existing assets. Oversee delivery of all physical brand and product experience for all properties.
Personnel Management - Interview, hire and train employees; assign and direct their work; prepare performance appraisal; discipline and reward; address complaints and resolve problems using sound judgment.
Required Qualifications - Skills - and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of seven years of design related experience.
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience.
- Plan, design, and furnish interiors of residential and commercial spaces.
- Can develop justifications of requirements/business case and participate in budget process.
- Must be able to read and analyze architectural blueprints. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals in addition to the ability to write copy and create budget pieces.
- Must be able to effectively supervise outside vendors in a manner that supports the firm’s goals, timeframes and expectations. This includes demonstrated acumen in negotiation of contracts and terms.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Must be self-motivated, work in a collaborative style and drive for closure.
Cultural Requirements :
Prometheans possess strong communication skills and really enjoy working with others. Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who listen as well as voice their opinion. We want entrepreneur types -- who thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Prometheans are passionate about what they do and are self-motivated. What sets us apart is we are all about doing things differently, seeking opportunities that are not apparent to others, and getting things done. Most importantly, to be successful at Prometheus we act on our principles. Everyday, we set a positive example for others to emulate and embrace our vision that at Prometheus
Prometheus Real Estate Group, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Prometheus is committed to maximizing efficiency through the effective use of information technology. The entire enterprise, including our...