Organization: Denver Zoo
Location: Denver, CO, Country
Job or Internship: Job
At Denver Zoo, our mission is to secure a better world for animals through human understanding. We are a respected leader in animal care and exhibition, conservation programs, scientific study, environmental education and public service.
This position advances Denver Zoo’s mission and goals by supporting the CDO in Denver Zoo’s fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of the development operations including major gifts, planned gifts, corporate giving and sponsorship, fundraising events, grants, research and donor database. In addition, this position will manage the internal strategy and operations of capital and endowment campaigns. This position provides the principal Development Department support for the CDO.
• Supervises Development Department staff. Direct reports include Planned Giving Manager, Database Manager, Corporate Giving Manager and Foundation and Government Grants Manager.
• Supports CDO in developing and implementing fundraising strategies, setting institutional and department goals and soliciting major gifts.
• Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates a variety of on-going fundraising activities and programs, including, but not limited to: annual fundraising events, prospect research, major gift solicitation, grant preparation, corporate donations, corporate sponsorships, in-kind gift solicitation, and a variety of planned and deferred giving programs.
• Works with Major Gifts Committee of the Board of Trustees and attends Board of Trustee and Development and Membership Committee meetings.
• Manages a portfolio of donors to support institutional development goals.
• Coordinates donor meetings, facility tours and solicitation calls with CEO, CDOand Board of Trustees as appropriate.
• Oversees donor recognition and acknowledgement; coordinates with the Director of Membership and Annual Fund on donor recognition and donor events.
• Oversees Development Department budget and participates in overall Development and Membership Department planning, budgeting and evaluations.
• Works in very close cooperation with all zoo departments, to coordinate zoo-wide fundraising activities with their respective programs.
• Participates in appropriate professional organizations at the regional and national levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, but Master’s Degree preferred. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience in similar position in a similarly sized organization.
• 5 + years experience in a key management position with an emphasis on development.
• 5+ years experience managing staff.
• Experience working with Executive Leadership and Board members and volunteers.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong visual presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, re-prioritizes work and be flexible, as well as meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to interpret, follow, and recommend policies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze cost effectiveness of programs (cost per dollar raised, return on investment, program growth, etc.) and report financial data.
• A respect for confidentiality.
• Passion for Denver Zoo and its mission, and ability to engage prospects with same passion.
• Knowledge of database, Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
Please apply at: http://denverzoo.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- 19 months ago - save job