UCLA College of Letters and Science Development Department is seeking a Director of Development, Social Sciences to establish long-range goals and objectives for development programs and activities.
Dean and Faculty in the division of Social Sciences. In collaboration with other members of the College development team, determine market feasibility for academic priorities and provide counsel to the dean. Establish and maintain effective high-level volunteer structure designed to provide community linkage to development programs and to assist with specific solicitations and other programmatic elements as necessary. The Director of Development will meet with faculty in priority areas and gain knowledge of research interests and areas of expertise. Use available data to develop constituencies and identify prospects in relation to academic priorities. Identify a core group of prospective donors for major gifts and maintain active awareness of individuals in the prospect pool at various stages of identification, cultivation and solicitation.
1. Progressive responsibility and experience as a professional development officer.
2. Working knowledge of principles and practices of major gift fundraising in a Major research university.
3. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement a comprehensive development program of comparable size and complexity.
4. Supervisory skills to provide direction, guidance and training to professional and support staff.
5. Ability to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate the efforts of volunteers.
6. Strong communication skills to express, both orally and in writing, the mission of the University and the fundraising goals of the campus, especially as they relate to the College.
7. Interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with other staff, academic leaders, faculty, community leaders, donors and volunteers.
8. Ability to take initiative and work independently.
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
- 3 years ago - save job
UCLA Anderson School of Management, established in 1935, is regarded among the leading business schools in the world. UCLA Anderson faculty...