DIRECT REPORTS: none
The Director of Development is responsible for grant/fundraising development. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementation of the Development Committee goals and objectives; fund development; working with the Executive Director to identify and develop strategic partnerships and leveraging opportunities that can enhance our ability to raise funds.
• Liaise directly with the Executive Director and Development Committee to develop fundraising goals and objectives;
• Implement components of the strategic plan that pertain to program growth and fund development;
• Identify and develop sources of foundation and corporate support;
• Identify and develop program expansion/leveraging opportunities;
• Develop marketing materials, press releases, and other information related to fund development and program grants;
• Provide direction for and facilitate the work of the Development Committee;
• Coordinate and produce agendas, background materials, and minutes for all meetings of the Development Committee, and other Committees, as assigned;
• Supervise the development of systems to ensure maintenance of proposals, agreements, budgets and deliverables.
• Establish and maintain comprehensive records pertaining to program grants, including budgets, monies received, and reports due;
• Grant research and writing;
• Recommend project concepts and improvements for projects and programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 3-4 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 7 years professional experience in fund development and association management. Skills needed in fundraising, business development, proposal writing, budget planning and management, ability to forge positive interpersonal relationships with prospects and colleagues; Bachelor’s degree. Experience working with nonprofit boards of directors preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal lifting required.