Advancement Project is a next generation, multi-racial civil rights organization. Rooted in the great human rights struggles for equality and justice, we exist to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive and just democracy. We use innovative tools and strategies to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change.
Advancement Project’s California office engineers large-scale systems change to remedy inequality expand opportunity and open paths to upward mobility. Our goal is that members of all communities have the safety, opportunity and health they need to thrive. Our California offices’ primary programs include: Educational Equity - Ensures school facilities for all and expands educational opportunities for low-income children from birth through high school graduation; Equity in Public Funds - Reveals significant discrepancies between the allocation of public funds and the needs of low-income communities and communities of color; Healthy City - Provides an information + action resource that unites community voices, rigorous research and innovative technologies to solve the root causes of social inequity by transforming how people access and use information about their communities; and Urban Peace - Reduces community violence so that poor neighborhoods are safe enough for children to learn, families to thrive and communities to prosper.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing the strategy for resource development and ensuring its implementation for Advancement Project’s California office. Some specific duties include:
• Set strategic goals and focus for development activities in collaboration with program directors and Managing Co-Director
• Develop a strong understanding of each program area and itsevolving work and resource needs
• Oversee institutional fundraising efforts in partnership with program directors, including supervising staff, and establishing and nurturing relationships with funders
• Oversee individual donor fundraising efforts and supervise staff and consultants
• Manage the budget and staffing priorities for the Development Department
• Sit on the organizational Management Team, representing the concerns and needs of fund development
• Coordinate with Advancement Project’s National Office fund development activities
LANonprofitCareers.com - 18 months ago