Director of Development
Great Lakes/Atlantic Region
New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Director of Development with the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the development efforts in the assigned region.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations to support the conservation mission of Ducks Unlimited.
- Coordinate with conservation and development colleagues to develop proposals and secure funding for Ducks Unlimited’s priority initiatives.
- Partner with the grassroots staff to raise awareness of DU’s major gift program to increase major gift revenue in the region.
- Work with the volunteer leadership to motivate and guide all volunteers to assist with major gift fundraising.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on personal major gift solicitation and a strong conservation ethic. Additional qualifications include:
The successful candidate will be a self starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Familiarity with planned giving, experience with comprehensive campaigns, relationships and a working knowledge of the region’s philanthropic community, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. The selected candidate should have the desire and ability to travel extensively within the region and will be expected to reside in a mutually agreed upon city in the region, with preference given to the New York metropolitan area. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to and experience with prospect moves management
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other fundraising professionals and volunteers
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database management programs
To apply, please visit www.ducks.org/jobs to submit a cover letter and resume indicating your qualifications, and why you are interested in the position. For additional information, contact Todd Bishop, Managing Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Resume review will begin on September 30, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.