RHD is seeking a Director of Development to join its Marketing, Communications & Development team to grow individual/major donor giving; research, cultivate and solicit corporate support; and market RHD’s services to governmental entities.
Overall Development Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive annual development and governmental marketing plan.
- Coordinate individual giving efforts, including stewardship efforts, as well as direct mail, online and other appeals.
- Cultivate major donors, including opportunities for greater corporate giving and develop and direct planned giving efforts.
- Ensure integrity, accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database. Manage and ensure integrity of fundraising database and expand donor/supporter list. Develop and segment governmental prospect list.
- Lead, plan and execute fundraising events.
- Manage all aspects of annual fund, including written appeals and e-mail blasts.
- Expand the organization’s individual donor base at all levels by creating a continuum of philanthropic giving opportunities (in-kind drives, annual fund appeals, major donor opportunities, and planned giving vehicles).
- Coordinate production of donor and sponsor recognition in print materials, the website, and electronic communications as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee mailings/emailings to donors, including appeals, tax acknowledgement letters, event thank-you’s, and other fundraising communications.
- Research, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships for various events and activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in fundraising and/or relevant experience.
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities
• Professional and positive manner
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of fundraising databases, i.e., Raiser’s Edge
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter that also includes two separate writing samples.
Resources for Human Development - 12 months ago