This position serves as a primary major gift officer for WSU, contributing to the success and growth of the University Advancement Division by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts to meet the university's major gift, capital campaign and planned giving fundraising goals. This position builds institutionally strong internal and external relationships to advance the university's mission.
• Bachelor's degree OR 5 years of demonstrated progressive professional experience in development (preferably in higher education)
• At least 5 years of demonstrated progressive professional experience in relationship building which reflects the creation of partnerships to achieve strategic goals
• At least 3 years' professional experience of successful community/public relations, marketing/sales, and/or other related fields
• Baccalaureate degree required or five years of demonstrated, progressive experience in development, preferably in higher education.
• Record of at least three years of successful marketing, community/public relations, sales and/or other related fields.
• Exceptional oral, written, listening and intuitive interpersonal and problem solving skills in order to establish and build relationships.
• Strong record of building and maintaining successful relationships and closing gifts.
• Successful experience in developing, documenting and presenting cultivation and solicitation strategies/proposals.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing planned giving strategies, including the full range of planned giving tools.
• Self-directed professional who can work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills will assist this person in identifying and systematically cultivating productive relationships with donors.
• Experience must emphasize experience with stewardship strategies that convey the university's thanks to its donor in a way that inspires donor loyalty.
• Ability to communicate a strong affinity for the University, its mission, vision, and goals.
• Experience in a higher education setting helpful, but the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies is required.
• Evidence of ability to coordinate and motivate volunteers.
• Experience with databases and records management, spreadsheets and benchmarking techniques preferred.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential information.
• Must be willing to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Desire to succeed in a very visible and highly measurable position.
• The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins 8/1/2014
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at email@example.com or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary; ASF, Range D
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL
NOTE: Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees and Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
1) In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2) Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Winona State University - 5 months ago