Husch Blackwell LLP is a full service law firm with approximately 550 attorneys firmwide representing a wide variety of personal and professional backgrounds. We have an immediate opening in our St. Louis or Kansas City office for a Director of Diversity & Inclusion .
In partnership with Chairman of the Firm, Managing Partner/CEO, Diversity Committee Chair and Executive leadership, the Director of Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for leading and advancing the ongoing development and implementation of Firm diversity and inclusion strategies. Essential functions include:
Client Relationship Management/Business Development
- Serve as a leader in the development, alignment, execution and communication of diversity and inclusion strategies to drive key business results.
- Provide leadership for Diversity Committee and other internal diversity and inclusion group efforts; work collaboratively with Committee and other groups to develop strategic action plans and implement the initiatives to achieve established goals.
- Promote and advance diversity initiatives so that they are considered in all critical Firm decisions.
- Foster leadership buy-in for key diversity initiatives.
- Integrate the diversity and inclusion strategies across business stakeholders, including Firm Governance, Legal Recruiting & Professional Development, Marketing & Business Development, Procurement and Human Resources.
- Monitor external diversity best practices and make recommendations for new initiatives to ensure Firm maintains a leadership position.
- Establish strategic priorities and objectives in the development of the overall diversity budget, including return on investment models.
Professional Recruitment & Development
- Serve as Firm’s representative with clients regarding Firm’s diversity initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to partner with key clients on diversity related initiatives.
- Provide support and initiate strategies to expand opportunities for diverse lawyers to work on significant matters for key clients.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with: diverse lawyers at the Firm; individuals and groups at the Firm working to advance and support diversity and inclusion; other diversity professionals and leaders at peer firms, bar groups and other organization; and clients’ diversity professionals.
- Attend and participate, including as a presenter, at diversity conferences, affinity group panels, etc.
- Facilitate relationships between individuals at the Firm and leading diversity organizations.
- Plan diversity and inclusion strategies in cooperation with the Firm’s Diversity Committee, including identifying opportunities to increase the external visibility of diverse lawyers through speaking engagements, articles, and other related activities.
- Collaborate with the Diversity Committee and Marketing & Business Development to design internal and external communications and marketing strategies to ensure lawyers, clients and the marketplace understand HB’s commitment to diversity.
- Develop and implement programs to help achieve the Firm’s goal of improving the recruitment, development, retention and promotion of diverse attorneys.
- Work collaboratively with Attorney Hiring Committees and Legal Recruiting team members to design innovative and effective strategies to identify and attract diverse attorneys.
- Provide guidance on best practices for mentoring, retention and promotion of diverse attorneys.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing strategies and leading initiatives as a professional in the diversity management field at a large professional services organization required; experience at a large law firm as a practicing lawyer and/or in the area of diversity preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement strategies at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to promote ideas in a persuasive manner, shape opinion, win buy-in for initiatives and work through difficult situations in order to ensure operational alignment.
To apply, please send a cover letter, including salary requirement , and résumé to
Husch Blackwell - 18 months ago
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with 600 attorneys. Our Government Contracts Practice Group is one of...