Our client, a prestigious Medical Center, is looking for a Director for their Documentation Improvement Program.
- Will be responsible for the direct management of the Documentation Improvement Program which is a collaborative program with HIM and physicians to improve medical documentation. The Director and staff will educate on coding and DRG criteria, track and analyze query opportunities and identify risk factors in coding and documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Will be responsible for directing and Monitoring DI staff to ensure that the program is compliant with present policies and coding guidelines as well as medical necessity regulations.
- 5+ years management
- Strong grasp of Medicare & Medicaid guidelines
- Previous experience in Clinical Documentation
- Relevant experience in any clinical discipline such as Acute Care nursing, Utilization Management, Quality Management or as a hospital-based Physician Assistant or physician extender will be considered
- Current NYS RN or PA licensure coupled with CCDS, CDIP or CCS certification.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
Smith Arnold Partners - 13 months ago