Director of Education and Professional Developmen
t is responsible for developing and managing the HMS Learning Center, which serves HMS Customers and Employees. Included in these responsibilities are driving the strategic vision for the learning center, managing the activities of the staff to achieve financial and quality goals, and advocating and leading organizational change and improvement. The Director of Education and Professional Development is a member of the Client Services leadership team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Works with Vice President, Client Services and Vice President, HR to establish the vision for the HMS Learning Center.
- Develops the education strategy for HMS products for HMS customers and employees.
- Works with HMS Product Release team to develop education strategy for new product releases for customer and employees.
- Works with HMS department Directors to perform education needs assessments and establish an annual HMS organizational education plan.
- Works with customers and internal HMS staff (e.g. customer support) to introduce new customer training programs that improve customer satisfaction and product ROI and reduce HMS cost to support and train customers.
- Leads the Education team to implement the defined strategy and plans developed.
- Work closely with HMS Marketing Department to communicate and sell the value of the HMS Learning Center to customers as well as organize and craft training sessions for all Regional/Expo customer events.
- Coordinate and oversee the management, Version updates and issue resolution for Education Internal systems.
- Leads a team in the design and development of innovative training products for all delivery mediums, and delivery of instructor-led and web-based programs.
- Develops and drives training programs and projects which include soft skill employee and leadership development training in addition to other internal initiative needs such as performance management.
- Assists in the actual development of training materials and programs; delivers training programs as required.
- Manages education projects once initial concept is designed through final implementation and business adoption.
- Responsible for the logistical and support capabilities for training and project management for other HR & Education initiatives, maintaining the Learning Management System coordination, and communicating with other internal HMS functions and outside vendors for assessments and training fulfillment.
- Responsible for building relationships at all levels both internally and externally in order to garner the ability to influence leadership and successfully lead organizational change.
- Responsible for providing overall direction to team members and managing performance.
- Create presentations and professional communications from concept through delivery incorporating best practice instructional design and utilizing project management tools. Designs and develops curriculum and learning programs for internal processes and or training initiatives as needed for the business.
- Responsible for establishing revenue targets
OTHER REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS (EDUCATION, SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, ETC.)
- BA in Training, HR, Organizational Development, Business or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience needed in training design, development, and/or delivery and managing large scale projects.
- 3+ years managing and directing an education team.
- Solid experience delivering stand-up training and coaching to leadership teams and diverse employee groups required.
- Ability to gain buy-in and acceptance for communications, strategic messaging and training initiatives at the organizational level needed.
- Should possess end to end project management skills moving concepts through design, development, implementation and continual improvement.
- Instructional design and development capability and experience for instructor-led and on-demand learning products.
- High proficiency in using multiple and innovative training delivery methods and mediums to include blended learning solutions and online tools such as webcast, podcast, and elearning.
- Project management skills for implementation of large initiatives.
- Creative, dynamic, and high energy person.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving revenue and margin targets.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Critical thinker with a bias towards action.
- Must have posses and have proven problem resolution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Criminal and MVR backgrounds meets our company hiring criteria.