Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Success Factors
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Manages student retention, attendance, and completion outcomes to meet organizational objectives, meeting all organizational regulatory standards.
- Actively promotes the Company’s mission, vision and values statements and ensures employees incorporate these beliefs and values into their daily work ethic.
- Ensures that the Education Department meets accreditation compliance standards;
- Implements and manages Company’s initiatives.
- Maintains, understands, and enforces current policies and procedures as they pertain to the education department. Ensures that instructors understand and enforce Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures ongoing development of the faculty by developing effective plans to meet identified needs.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the Education Department staff.
- Manages, coaches, and counsels instructional staff in the Education Department.
- Observes and evaluates instructors on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Writes detailed, constructive performance appraisals.
- Assists students with their program completion goals.
- Provides ongoing performance/progress updates for students.
- Ensures the quality of curricula delivery and maintains the academic integrity of the institution.
- Measures the outcomes of the educational process to ensure programs meet objectives and academic standards.
- Audits classes for instructor quality of instruction, classroom management skills, classroom appearance, and student participation and performance.
- Recruits, selects, and trains new faculty and ensures instructional excellence within the instructor.
- Ensures that all new faculty receive the new instructor training, orientations and ACCET required instructional materials.
- Assigns and manages mentors for new faculty.
- Approves all handouts, tests, etc. utilized in classrooms.
- Maintains an active pool of substitute instructors by recruiting, selecting, training, and ensuring instructional excellence within the instructor substitute pool.
- Prepares and manages departmental budget.
- Schedules classes, instructors, and classrooms, maintaining good instructor to student ratios. Ensures optimum class size to achieve budget goals.
- Coordinates and participates in new student orientation.
- Participates in Advisory Board meetings.
- Ensures student customer service.
- Primary signatory for all paperwork in the education department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Maintain budgeted student retention/completion rate for all programs to the Company standards.
- Timely and positive implementation of Company’s initiatives;
- Instructor effectiveness—performance is successful when overall ratings exceed 92% attendance behavior, 1st MOD 95%, 2nd MOD 90%, and 5 day lock.
- 100% instructors (including substitute instructors) are trained prior to instructing a class.
- 100% of instructor evaluations are properly completed and submitted on time.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Successful track record of effective leadership and team development;
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in education and experience in classroom teaching;
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills;
- Ability to function as part of the campus management team;
- Ability to work with a diverse student population;
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with student life, learning, services and outcomes assessment;
- Positive student retention management experience;
- Successful track record preparing and managing department budgets;
- PC competency with MS Office;
Physical and Mental Demands
- Campus instructors
- Education department administrative support
- Oversight for independent testers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical - standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing, and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental - alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership and direction for the campus Education Department by participating on the campus management team charged and responsible for overall campus leadership. Director is responsible for meeting all campus completion and retention goals.
This position involves overseeing the implementation and management of curricula and the quality, selection and delivery of educational programs. This position focuses on the management of instructional staff. Responsibilities include: hiring, training, and supervising instructors and providing input on curriculum development.
This position serves as an integral part of the campus management team and works within the departmental budget.
International Education Corporation - 17 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....