Walmart Global E-Commerce is looking for a leader to manage our Platform DevOps engineering team. This role is focused on building tools, processes and teams to help Walmart Global E-Commerce maintain up-time for a Commerce site that enjoys very high volumes of traffic and requires up times that exceed 3 to 6 9's of availability. This leader is required to be extremely technical in nature and is required to lead situations that require quick problem resolution and root cause analysis. The role requires a strong ability to turn redundant problems into engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline what traditionally would be manual process in the IT world. Come and make a difference for the largest retail company and work for the most technically innovative platform alive.
• Executes engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmap in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support.
• Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing future prevention plan.
• Develops and executes technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short and long term implications; and communicating strategies and change initiatives clearly.
• Drives continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
• Ensures product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 12 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications OR 14 years experience in building ecommerce applications.
• 4 years supervisory experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The candidate must be extremely technical and understand many different Platforms including Java, Messaging Systems, Node.js, RDBMS, NoSql, and Caching Technologies. Deep knowledge of automation systems including software deployment, release management, different environment types, complete application lifecycle management, product development life cycles, PaaS and IaaS will also be considered. Deep understanding of RTO/RPO KPI statistics and the ability to comprehend deployment architectures that scale systems to extreme levels is required.
Director of Engineering, DevOps - Platform Team @WalmartLabs
Walmart Stores - 21 months ago