Our client a rapidly growing contracting and metal manufacturing company is seeking a lead Engineering and Quality Assurance to join their team. This role will be responsible for establishing a quality assurance system and a team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Plans, organizes and directs manufacturing and product engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS)
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Assist with the Accounts Payable process ensuring all respective payments are completed in a timely efficient manner
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system
- Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for manufacturing plants that is ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100 compliant, and lead efforts to attain and maintain certification
- Manage customer relationships relating to quality issues, including creation and management of standardized Corrective Action Response systems and metrics
- Drive profit improvement through creation and implementation of annual cost savings plans with associated expense and capital budget plans.
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Business Administration
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering Management, QA systems implementation and management with 5 years as a CQE/CQM in a medium-size manufacturing environment
- Experience with machining, spray coating, printing, heat treating, and high volume packaging
- Experience with a broad range of customers ranging from consumer goods to US Government Contracting
- Experience in design/prototype manufacturing
- Experience in attaining & maintaining ISO 9001 Compliance and Certification
- Experience leading quality system audits
- Lean / Six Sigma certified with a proven track record of business performance improvement
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Experience in designing and implementing quality systems
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
- Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
- Training in foreign object damage awareness.
- Understanding of Mil Standards.