Compliance Management International (CMI) is a premier provider of environmental, health and safety compliance services to various industry sectors. Since 1995, CMI has experienced steady growth by retaining qualified and experience EHS professionals at our headquarters facility located in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs.
As part of our Strategic Plan and as a response to numerous client requests, Compliance Management International (CMI) seeks to provide engineering services to its existing and future client base. To meet this demand, we are seeking a motivated and experienced engineering director for a key leadership position in the company. This is a ground floor startup opportunity for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our engineering services, managing projects as well growing these services for CMI’s increasing client base. This position is a significant opportunity for a senior level professional that is ready for career advancement and the challenge of starting an engineering department at our Philadelphia suburbs headquarters facility.
CMI offers technical and management challenges, a collaborative team environment and the opportunity for continuous growth. Our organization values and rewards talented professionals with new ideas, new practice areas, leadership skills and high individual initiative.
Join CMI and become a key part of our expansion and continued growth!
The Ideal Candidate has Significant Experience with:
- Consulting and client development
- Established client relationships (preferred)
- Proven track record of technical excellence and project management
- Multidisciplinary engineering MEP and/or civil projects
- Managing engineering professionals
- Accountability for all aspects of engineering projects; including project planning, client interface, budgets, profitability, mentoring of technical staff and subcontractors.
- Leveraging existing client relationships and building new client relationships to capture work in support various environmental services is one of the primary responsibilities of this position.
- The Engineering Director leads growth and development of the department; hires and manages employees; and provides senior technical leadership and oversight.
- The Engineering Director develops and implements business strategies and management of execution of all phases of project work to meet our clients’ objectives.
- Ensure delivery of high quality technical and engineering expertise to clients.
- Ensure that work product is delivered with CMI quality and commitment to excellence.
- Ensure that existing and new clients continue to value CMI and ensure approval of repeat work from clients.
- Build relationship with existing clients and identify new opportunities for cross-selling additional services.
- Ensure approval of new projects. Take active leadership role in development of new business with new clients.
- Producing professional service estimates in accordance with the department standards for project deliverables, project studies and estimates, change notices and for the development of new work through proposal efforts.
- Participating in the planning of training programs, continuous education opportunities and professional development of staff
- Meeting prospects and clients to secure new projects
- Participate in building the business plan for growth of CMI.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and support growth of CMI engineering services and staff.
- 15 years of experience in MEP and/or civil engineering consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals, manage projects, including project scopes, cost estimates, and provide high quality deliverables to clients on time and within budget. Demonstrated ability to manage and develop technical staff, hire staff and mentor.
- Ability to perceive client needs and provide clients strategic and practical recommendations for implementation. Strong track record of developed and successful client relationships and continued repeat client work.
- Strong technical writing skills, verbal and presentation communications skills as well as positive and collaborative attitude, leadership and people skills, and drive for success.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Licensed as a professional engineer in at least one state with the ability to become licensed in additional states as necessary
- Self-motivated, confident individual with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer, leadership and communication skills.
CMI’s Comprehensive Benefits include:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- IRA with company matching
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Professional development and training
- Bonus and profit plan dependent on annual revenue and individual accomplishments
- Casual and flexible work environment
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.