Who we are: |
At KnowledgeTree, we ’re working to allow every business to unlock the value of their content.
Today, we help customer-facing teams use and improve their best content. Sales people instantly find content that closes deals. Managers identify what collateral works best – and where gaps are. And marketing improves content to drive more sales.
Network World called KnowledgeTree one of the 10 SaaS companies to watch; Software AG, Alcatel, Genesys, Fuji Chemical, and 500 other global companies use KnowledgeTree to unlock the value of their collateral.
We are a growing, agile team with strong opinions. We are creating a culture focussed on building great software, and are passionate about a shared set of values: being smart, focussed, analytical, transparent, humble, and highly effective.
We are headquartered in leafy, culture-rich, Raleigh, NC. Raleigh has received a litany of Best Places to Live awards from the likes of Forbes, CNN, 24/7 Wall Street, Yahoo Finance, and many others.
KnowledgeTree is funded by River Cities Capital Funds, Core Capital, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and Hatteras Funds.
Who we ’re looking for:
You will be responsible for the development, delivery, support, and maintenance of KnowledgeTree ’s products. You ’ll own the engineering process to predictably develop, and maintain our products by maximizing the talent of the team. You will be expected to regularly report on the “health ” of the Engineering team via observation, data and analytics. The position reports to our CEO, and will work closely with our Product Management, Customer Support and Marketing teams.
Your personality will lend itself to being the ultimate player-coach, working with the management team on a strategic level to help define what needs to be built, and then earning the respect of a team of high-performing engineers by getting your hands dirty to get it done. And above all else, you expect success in all aspects of life, are not afraid to fail boldly if it provides an opportunity for growth. And want you to be a part of a team who feels the same.
Our environment includes the following: Amazon Web Services (used AWS services include EC2, ELB, SQS, Route 53, S3, EBS, CloudFront, RDS), RightScale, memcached, RabbitMQ, Ruby as superglue, Puppet, LAMP (our app is built on Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), Ubuntu, MySQL clustering, Splunk, New Relic, GitHub, and more.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Partner with the Business and Product Management teams to refine the vision and strategy for our products.
- Lead the engineering teams that maintain and build our products.
- Own, review and manage sprint planning in collaboration with your team and Product Managers.
- Show strong focus and deliver incremental milestones with demonstrable value to our customers.
- Track and report on the key performance indicators related to the schedule and scope of development projects.
- Provide thought leadership to the team on industry direction and best practices in technology.
- Champion the lean development process.
- Provide regular high-level communications to the senior management team and represent the development teams company wide.
- Inspire and maintain a positive atmosphere of innovation and success across a diverse team of engineers; ensuring that your team embodies the shared values of the company.
- Ensure individual team members° roles, expectations, and goals are clearly defined and continuously reviewed.
- Actively manage the team to its fullest potential, ensuring the whole is always performing beyond the sum of its parts.
We°d like you to have:
- Identify and report on the key performance indicators related to service delivery.
- Recommend technology and process improvements to reduce costs.
We highly value culture, and so alongside the above we look for people who share our values: being smart, focussed, analytical, transparent, humble, and highly effective. And fun.
- At least five years development management or equivalent experience.
- BS in Computer Science or Applied Math, Master ’s strongly preferred.
- Experience with delivering SaaS (cloud-based) software products.
- Successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative entrepreneurial environment in a cross-functional capacity.
- Experience as an effective coach, motivator and manager of diverse people.
- First-hand experience bringing products to market in early stage companies.
- Strong experience with much of the stuff we use to get things done (see above).
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills, plus the ability to function on a tactical level as needed.
- Results-oriented, high-energy self-starter with great interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable owning a project and wearing many hats to get the job done.
- Genuinely passionate about developing great software, learning a lot, and having loads of fun while doing so.
What we offer:
- the (un)usual: great salary, stock, great health insurance, 401k, long-term disability, flex-plan accounts
- the extraordinary: driven, fun coworkers, great downtown Raleigh location (Helios, bars, eateries, tattoos), free parking, organic snacks, craft beers, fun events, and more
Privacy and Cookies Policy
KnowledgeTree Inc. - 9 months ago