This is key member of Engineering leadership team responsible for managing the Core Engineering team including, Development and Quality Assurance, in our Ann Arbor, MI office. You will be working very closely with our Core Engineering team in San Mateo, CA to coordinate all aspects of the product development process, including product feature development and overall service quality. This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology-including Hadoop- to analyze our vast consumer behavior data set and apply the results to optimize each and every consumer marketing opportunity across our multi-channel solution including: Predictive Display Advertising,Web Recommendations, and targeted email Alerts.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will have outstanding leadership and technical skills and has demonstrated expertise in managing teams of Software Engineers to successful delivery of projects on time. You have an ability to motivate your team to be high contributors, an unwavering commitment to excellence, an excellent work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Hands on technical role (lead by example); contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the architecture, analysis, design, implementation, and QA.
- Recruit and train a team of experienced and new graduate Software Engineers. We’re investing heavily in our technical team in Ann Arbor and you will be instrumental in leading our “Engineering Development Program” to turn new CSE graduates into highly productive Engineers. Our goal is to be the leading employer of U of M CSE graduates, and you will be on point for developing relationships with the University, professors and students to execute on this goal
- Strong communication and tight collaboration with the Core Engineering team in San Mateo, CA on all aspects of software development for our core product.
Requires a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent /Startup Experience required
- Excellent leadership & management skills with ability to scale with the rapid growth of MyBuys
- Proven ability to recruit and mentor software engineers and quickly turn them into highly productive Engineers
- 5+ years hands on experience managing software development teams
- Architect level Java technical skills; 10+ years hands on experience building scalable solutions in Java, and a mastery of Spring, Hibernate, Velocity, and JMS
- Experience with distributed data systems (Hadoop, HBase, Hive) a very big plus
- Outstanding communicator
- Domain expertise in Display Advertising, Email Marketing, Personalization, Recommendation Engines, E-commerce, or Web Analytics highly desired
To be considered for this position, your resume MUST be accompanied by a cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience match the above requirements.
MyBuys is an equal opportunity employer. Please refer all inquiries and resumes in MS Word format to
MyBuys, Inc. - 19 months ago