About Natus Medical Incorporated: Natus is a leading provider of healthcare products used for screening, detection, treatment, monitoring and tracking of common medical ailments such as hearing impairment, neurological dysfunction, epilepsy, sleep disorders, newborn jaundice and newborn metabolic testing.
JOB TITLE: Director of Engineering, Mundelein, IL 60060
SUMMARY: Sets the vision, strategy and executional rigor for product design, development and support for the Mundelein location. Ensures the vision and strategy is aligned with Natus Medical Corporate goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ensures that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on and follow all Quality System procedures related to their jobs which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers and that changes to procedures are reviewed, approved and validated prior to implementation.
2. Responsible for building a world-class engineering function and resource planning for the development of new products and support of current products.
3. Responsible for establishing and executing long- and short-term development strategies that align with the business strategy, goals and objectives.
4. Creates a team with a supreme customer-satisfaction focus.
5. Responsibilities may include multiple design and development sites.
6. Creates the process and methodologies for a disciplined, highly reliable, efficient Engineering organization.
7. Creates and maintains departmental procedures in compliance with Quality System and worldwide Regulatory requirements.
8. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on relevant product technologies and competitive products.
9. Drives organic growth via on-time product release and cost productivity (Value Engineering) projects.
10. Strong focus on design for manufacturability and operational support, including installed base support, product training and general production/sourcing support.
11. Creates a culture of collaboration with other Natus facilities and functions.
12. Responsible for creating and managing annual/quarterly expense and capital budgets.
13. In summary, responsibilities include:
- Full product development life-cycle
- Technology development
- Value / Sustaining Engineering
- Electronics design
- Software/firmware development
- Mechanical design
- Algorithm development
- System engineering
- Test engineering
- Design transfer to manufacturing, ongoing support
Moderate - travel to Mundelein home office as well as other Natus sites, customer / clinical / luminary visits.
Directly supervises up to ten employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M.S. in Engineering, EE/ME/CS) plus 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. 10 to 15 years of experience includes all aspects of Medical Device engineering management including product development, system engineering, project management and life cycle support. Minimum of 5 years successfully managing a Medical Device Engineering function.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations and proofs of theorems. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong familiarity with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and International Standards Organization (ISO) standards.
2. Demonstrated capacity for managing department financial and budgetary data.
3. Excellent people management and strong communications skills.
4. Ability to collaborate and influence all levels of the management chain.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a keyboard and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
2. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Mundelein, IL
Status: Full time
Natus Medical Incorporated is an EOE, M/F/D/V
Apply Online: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=2370641
You may also fax your resume to (847) 949-8615 Attn: HR, referring to the Job Title.
No calls please, principals only and only local candidates will be considered.
Natus Medical Incorporated - 23 months ago
Natus is a leading provider of healthcare products used for the screening, detection, treatment, monitoring and tracking of common medical...