Do you enjoy all the challenges of being a developer but want the managerial responsibilities of turning a group of talented individuals into an unstoppable coding force?
At SocialChorus your opinion matters. We are a close-knit team of 11 developers who are passionate about coding. We have created a platform that gives advocates who love brands the ability to share their enthusiasm with online community.
The Director of Engineering will work with the PM and CTO in growing the developer team and making sure the following tasks are completed:
* Focus on software design as a craft, while delivering high velocity stories,
* Single responsibility principle from app to CSS,
* Pay constant attention to our ever-changing API’s,
* Be able to tackle our big data problem,
* Contribute to open-source,
* Act as a mentor for less experienced individuals,
* Find candidates for our internship program and turn them into mid-level full-stack engineers,
* Recruit strong new team members and close them,
* Create a product process for deploy and stick with it,
* Bring innovative ideas to the team, but be open-minded to other opinions,
* Deal with the compensation of current employees and new hires,
* Make sure individuals are completing their day-to-day tasks,
* Assess individual’s skill level and help them constantly grow,
* Maintain a strong working relationship with CTO, PM, and SocialChorus staff.
We do agile (XP), test-driven development and pair program 85% of the time. We believe that pair programming is the best way to create clean, simple, efficient code quicker. It also allows devs to enjoy a life outside of work. SocialChorus believes in constantly improving on one's skill and offers opportunities for developers to attend courses, conferences (in & out of the Bay Area) and talk to experts who specialize in certain fields, like Sandi Metz.
This is a full-time, salaried position offering stock options, paid vacation, and benefits: medical, dental and 401k. We are located on 3rd and Market Street, which allows you to easily access transportation and great food. We actively promote diversity. For the right candidate, we could help with relocations fees up to a certain amount. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and tell us what makes you excited about coding or why SocialChorus is the next place you want to work!
SocialChorus - 11 months ago