Reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering, the Director of Software Engineering will lead the development and delivery of the VisNet line of products of TriTech Software Systems in the San Diego headquarters.The candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator, with experience leading large software development organizations. He/she should have a proven track record of delivering complex software projects on time and with exceptional quality. The candidate should have experience in managing change in process, technology and product architecture as well as aligning the development team to accomplish the goals of the product line.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of seasoned software developers and QA engineers. He/she will collaborate with product management, program management, product architects and other functional groups to successfully deliver high availability and mission critical enterprise software products. The candidate will have practical expertise in managing the delivery of products using Lean-Agile development methodologies and be able to articulate the spirit and intent of agile approaches, beyond the Scrum buzzwords. A strong technical background in developing high availability, mission critical, complex software product systems is required.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads/directs the software engineering teams of the VisiNet product line, including development of new products, new features and maintenance in existing products.
• Builds relationships with other product groups to ensure understanding of product strategy; drive alignment and coordination of efforts. Provide active guidance and direction to business, marketing, and technical teams to assist them in managing their interdependencies.
• Create an operationally excellent organization with the skill set required to develop the next generation Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) products and the flexibility to adapt to the rapidly changing software development environment. Inspire and align the team to the organization's and company's goals.
• Develop relationships with peers across the company to ensure maximum leverage of TriTech’s broad product portfolio.
• Direct the creation of project plans including schedule and resource requirements for multiple concurrent projects, and manage dependencies and resource sharing between the projects. Work with Program Management and other functional areas to ensure that scheduling/tracking tools are in line with the goals of the entire product team
• Work closely with a team of seasoned Product Architects to evolve the product/technology's overall architecture, assuming comprehensive responsibility for ongoing reengineering and modification of the existing architecture and for creating and developing architectural advances to accommodate future features and capabilities while maintaining architectural adaptability. Evaluate the feasibility of alternative directions in future architecture/platform development through the creation of models and prototypes
• Develop staff in line with strategic organizational and departmental objectives; coach others in the value and methods of associate development; anticipate the changing demands for skills; select the best people for the future; design processes for development of critical skill areas
• 15 years overall experience
• Experience successfully managing multiple large and complex products
• Experience developing high availability, mission critical, software products
• Experience as a change agent and driving organizational excellence
• Experience driving both incremental and disruptive innovations
• Managed teams with at least 20 software engineers
• Ability to influence at senior levels of the organization
• Ability to make sound, sometimes difficult decisions
• 10+ years of large team management experience
• Experience with public safety solutions is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field; have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the telephony and CPE development market, with at least 5 years of senior-level management experience.
TriTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V
TriTech Software Systems - 15 months ago