Director of National/Enterprise Sales
The Director of National/Enterprise Sales position is primarily responsible for selling athenahealth revenue cycle management and clinical solutions to large physician organizations including hospital based practices, academic medical centers, and other healthcare entities that perform third party and patient billing. The Enterprise Sales Executive is responsible to meet and exceed the assigned quota for the Enterprise Sales Team. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Enterprise Sales, will require at least 60% travel, and is flexible in terms of physical location. We prefer people that live within an hour of a major airport in the western half of the US.
- Meet/exceed the Enterprise Team assigned quota
- Manage assigned territory independently, develop a pipeline of qualified prospects and engage in a consultative sales process with them.
- Develop lead generation process within territory through use of existing tools and resources ( i.e. our internal prospecting staff, marketing department programs, and use of our outsourced “cold calling” organization). Create individualized lead generation methods and use personal industry connections. This is a true “hunter” role, and these skills are paramount in developing the Enterprise Team within athena. The goal is to obtain audiences/appointments with executives and physicians within target market.
- Assess an individual organization’s needs, once lead is obtained, and demonstrate the value of athena’s offering and how it meets or exceeds the organization’s business needs.
- Accountable for management of the full sales process including corporate presentations, staffing analysis and data gathering meetings, demonstrations, ROI presentations, and comprehensive proposal delivery based on assessed business needs. Effectively negotiate all deals and transition new accounts to Professional Services and Account Management teams post contract.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date sales pipeline reports and forecasts.
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.
- Bachelor of arts or sciences degree
- Strong sales administration skills, timely and accurate reporting;
- Expertise in territory management and organization;
- Experience in positions requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters;
- Proven ability to achieve goals;
- Close working relationships with all operational areas within athenahealth;
- Solid mastery of the economics of medical practices and ROI delivery;
- Demonstrated earnings history.
athenahealth, Inc. - 13 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...