The School of Public Affairs (SPA) seeks an experienced professional
to build on an established record of success in crafting and
delivering Executive Education (EE) programs for public sector
leaders. Since 2001, SPA has developed programs in concert with
institutional partners in the governmental and nonprofit sectors to
enhance participants’ skills and leadership potential as well as to
serve strategic institutional goals.
Reporting directly to the Dean, and working with the faculty, SPA’s
Office of Operations and Finance, and College Counsel, the Director
is responsible for writing proposals, designing curriculum,
negotiating contracts, and ensuring the quality of our EE programs.
The Director is also responsible for supervising staff in the Office
of Executive Programs (OEP) and collaborating with internal and
campus-wide marketing to promote the visibility of OEP and its
offerings as well as forging relationships with campus-wide
facilities managers to adequately site and sustain a wide range of
Salary: The position provides a competitive base salary and benefits package.
• A masters degree or first professional degree, preferably in a
field related to public affairs or professional education.
• Familiarity with local, state and/or federal government agencies
and their professional development needs.
• Familiarity with the nonprofit sector and its professional
• Demonstrated success in designing and delivering professional
• Experience creating and managing program budgets.
• Experience negotiating contracts.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with online marketing, including but not limited to
uses of social media for marketing purposes.
Research Foundation of The City University of New York - 23 months ago