Mercy College is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Director of Facilities Planning and Management. This position is responsible for the planning, organization, coordination, direction, and control of all aspects of facility operations including oversight of maintenance, operations, custodial, and grounds services.
The Director is responsible for administering capital funding, and remodeling activities for the College's physical facilities through the supervision of professional personnel and the utilization of outside consultants and contractors as needed. S/he will develop and maintain the Facilities Master Plan, site survey, architectural/mechanical plans and specifications, and all construction records and documents. S/he manages the College's construction and remodeling funds in a cost effective and timely manner, and regularly updates the COO on funds tracking.
Education Required or Min Education Required:
Master's Degree preferred. Bachelor's Degree or 20 years of related experience required.
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation, customer service orientation, ability to work independently, and great levels of responsibility required.
- Minimum five years of experience within a large private or nonprofit organization.
- 20 years of facilities/construction experience.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to travel between locations required.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Electronic applications are required and must include a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of at least three references. Please submit the above documentation online at https://jobs.mercy.edu
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Mercy College - 7 months ago