Clark College is currently accepting applications for a Director of Facilities position. The Director of Facilities Services is an administrative position reporting to the Vice President of Administrative Services and is responsible for capital planning and construction, remodeling of buildings and other college property, grounds maintenance, custodial services, plant operations, and maintenance of all college property.
· Plan, direct and manage efficient plant operations, including custodial, grounds, HVAC, central mechanical, maintenance, and support services.
· Lead and implement facilities planning and capital development; develop systems to ensure projects are completed within established timelines and budgets.
· Prepare capital budget requests in consultation with faculty, staff, administrators, and design professionals.
· Direct and manage capital projects, including design coordination, project administration, and construction management.
· Plan, direct and coordinate effective programs for energy conservation, utility management, health and safety, and disaster preparedness.
· Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate, develop, and discipline department employees in compliance with College policy and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
· Interpret and ensure compliance with applicable codes, rules and regulations.
· Plan and direct the implementation of support services to include instructional equipment repairs, facilities repairs and minor improvements (RMI), institutional furnishings, vehicle maintenance, equipment inventory, facilities drawings and records, space planning, and office furniture design and installation.
· Prepare and monitor annual department budget, including operating and capital budgets, to ensure funds allocated or effectively utilized.
· Provide timely and accurate written and oral reports as required by the College, the state, or other entities and funding sources.
· Develop and implement annual operational plan.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all College constituent groups – internal and external.
· Perform special assignments as may be directed by the vice president of administrative services.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Common Duties Established by the College
· Serve as chair or member of designated College committees, councils and teams
· Provide leadership in accordance with the Mission and Vision established by the College, furthering Core Themes and College Objectives
· Ensure areas of responsibility operate effectively within the policies and procedures of the college and applicable governing agencies
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for operating unit(s)
· Train, supervise and evaluate employees in accordance with negotiated agreements, applicable state and federal laws and College policies and procedures
· Exercise effective stewardship over college resources
· Prepare reports and analytical materials to illustrate objectives, activities, and accomplishments of areas of responsibility
· Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences
· Work to achieve the core theme of fostering a diverse college community as established by the College
· Engage in and promote shared governance
· Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or closely related field
· 5 years management experience in facilities planning, maintenance and operations
· Demonstrated experience in planning and fiscal management of capital projects
· Thorough understanding of all aspects of plant management in an institutional environment or large organization
· Experience and success with interpreting and implementing rules, regulations, and codes related to facility development and operations
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
· Exceptional leadership and management skills
· Extensive facilities maintenance and operations experience in an institutional environment or a large organization
· Demonstrated ability to work well with people from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
$70,700 - $75,040 annual salary
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College online application, including five references
- Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873).
Please apply online by clicking the "Apply" link above.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., May 10, 2013
Condition of employment:
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Special Advisor for Diversity and Equity, Gaiser Hall, (360)992-2355.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 17, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...