POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of facility management including the maintenance and appearance of buildings and grounds for Envision’s Wichita, KS locations, and providing oversight over the transportation and food service functions. Is accountable for developing, implementing and evaluating Facility Management practices and programs that support organizational goals and initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Provide oversight in daily maintenance of all building areas and grounds for safe, clean and efficient operations, and a first-class appearance.
• Manage transportation department to ensure employee transportation for work and medical or other appointments as necessary, maintenance of company vehicles, and compliance with WTA and FTA regulations.
• Oversee food catering contract and services for first-shift lunches.
• Actively manage a year-round building and grounds preventative maintenance program to assure property, equipment and systems are properly providing the optimum service, security and appearance for employees and visitors.
• Supervise contracted vendors engaged in major building maintenance, repair and servicing of all building furnishings, equipment and grounds, systems and mechanical equipment such as lawn sprinkler systems, heating/ air conditioning ventilation equipment, as well as electrical wiring, security and fire /sprinklers systems. Inspect and approve completion of work to assure conformance to contracts, agreements and specifications.
• Oversee security for Main Street building and grounds; serve as liaison with local police and other officials to ensure safe operations.
• Manage facility aspects of Envision owned leased property.
• Prepare requisitions to obtain necessary tools, equipment and supplies.
• Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving facility systems and building appearance.
• Facilitate office moves and facility repairs as requested by managers.
• Participate in space management planning; direct and facilitate remodeling projects for buildings/offices as approved by management.
• Prepare and administer annual budget for department operations, building and grounds equipment and services.
• Prepare and monitor employee work schedules.
• Communicate to employees the scheduled hours for maintenance workers to minimize downtime in productivity.
• In conjunction with VPHR, communicate emergency information regarding facility closures, weather warnings, etc.
• Supervise work assignments, develop, mentor and discipline staff; provide regular performance updates and feedback.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Business Management, Engineering or related field preferred, or combination of education and related experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 to 8 years professional experience in facility maintenance, and 2 to 3 years in a managerial role required; experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong understanding of building operations management, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and grounds maintenance.
• Familiarity with government regulations as it relates building oversight, transportation and food safety.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
• Strong project management and leadership skills.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to travel to all Envision facilities or other destinations as needed.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Facility Manager credential a plus.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __4__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __2__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
0 Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures;
viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
0 Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks
such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
1 Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
0 Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.