Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
Minimum Education/Work Experience:
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Architecture, Business Administration, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Ten (10) plus years as a Director of Facilities in a Healthcare or Industrial organization.
- Understanding of Regulatory Codes and Compliances.
- Member of NFPA Life Safety Healthcare Organization and a member of the International Facility Management Association
- Understanding of Press Ganey and Morehead
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- 10 years experience in major healthcare construction projects and renovation.
- Life Safety Expert for two years.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Support and Professional Services, the Facilities Director is responsible for all campus systems, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. Responsible for all operational and capital budgets for all areas under construction and life safety. Responsible for the development and implementation of the Asset Preservation million dollar funds from both the Hennepin County Government Center and Hennepin County Medical Center. Responsible for the support of the Hospital and Departmental Mission of providing a safe and respectful environment for all hospital individuals.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 23 months ago