TITLE: Director of Family Ministries
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Associate Minister for Congregational Life
To foster a nurturing and inspiring Christian community for families at First Presbyterian Church Greenwich by providing support and direction for the educational programs of children and youth.
Administrative : Work with the Associate Minister for Congregational Life and lay leaders to oversee and implement Christian Education programming for infants through 12 th grade . This includes organizing and oversee ing the logistic s of Sunday morning programming as well as providing support for children’s and youth events . Support the Director of Membership in outreach to new families .
Coordinator : Work with the Children’s Ministry Committee to build, maintain, and support the volunteer base needed to implement programming . Work with the Associate Pastor for Congregational life to design and teach confirmation class. Work with the Director of Membership to welcome families into the community.
Visionary: Further develop programming in creative, spiritually guided directions to more effectively reach out to families outside our church walls. Develop/enhance youth program to strengthen high-school youth involvement.
Pastoral: Provide basic pastoral care to youth and children; regularly communicate needs and concerns with Associate Pastor for Congregational Life ; participate in Sunday morning worship .
1. Provide a safe, welcoming, and stimulating environment where children and youth can learn about Jesus Christ and the life of the church through enlivening and well-planned programs by:
a. Arranging child care on Sunday mornings and for church events.
b. Ordering and maintaining supplies for Sunday school teachers and their classrooms.
c. Assisting the Children’s Ministry Committee in selec tion of Sunday school curriculum and ordering appropriate amount of said curriculum for each class before each session .
d. Coordinating with the Children’s M inistry Committee the tri -annual training of Sunday school teachers.
e. Planning and leading the majority of Children’s Chapels.
f. Delivering the majority of Children’s Sermons.
g. Assisting the Children’s Ministry Committee and Youth Committee with coordinating and organizing events throughout the year .
h. Managing Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry budget and arranging payment for expenses related to various events .
i. Manage administration and co-teaching o f Confirmation class.
j. Plan and lead summer youth mission trip.
k. Plan and lead annual Youth Sunday.
2. Oversee efficient communication with Children’s Ministry Committee, Youth Committee, Director of Membership, families, volunteers, F PCG staff, and congregation .
a. Ensure bulletin and newsletter announcements are submitted in a timely manner.
b. Liaise with Sunday school teachers and parents about children’s /youth events .
c. Arrange for Children’s Ministry mailings to families.
d. Liaise with confirmands and parents about Confirmation class .
e. Coordinate room set-ups and maintenance needs to building personnel.
f. Schedule advanced calendaring.
g. Atte nd membership/fellowship events
h. Cultivate a strong relationship with the FPCG nursery school.
3. Participate in regular meetings with the Children’s Ministry Committee, Youth Committee, the Associate Minister for Congregational Life and the F PCG staff.
a. Atte nd monthly Children’s Ministry Committee m eetings.
b. Attend monthly Youth Ministry Committee meetings .
c. Attend weekly staff meetings and supervisory meeting with Associate for Congregational Life.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Strong commitment to Jesus Christ ; proficient biblical knowledge and general understanding of tenants of the Reformed faith; theological curiosity and ability to work with diverse viewpoints.
2. Commitment and desire to serve the Christian church , in general , and the Presbyterian Church (USA) , in particular.
3. Friendly, outgoing, energetic personality.
4. Passion for children’s/youth ministry.
5. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
6. Experience in program building and teaching .
7. Ability to effectively plan and efficiently coordinate the programming, logistics, and execution of family ministry.
8. Personal flexibility to accommodate weekly church schedule.
Salary: $60, 000
Benefits: Full medical benefits.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes via email to
Reverend Erin Keys at erin.keys@fpcg. org or send resumes to
First Presbyterian Church Greenwich – Attn . Reverend Erin Keys
1 West Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830