There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Bridgepoint Education, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change every day. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Director, Federal Compliance position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Director, Federal Compliance position will assume responsibility for Title IV compliance throughout Bridgepoint Education and its institutions.
You will provide oversight and coordination of an institutional compliance program that promotes the highest standards of ethics, integrity and responsibility within the institution. Success in this role means being involved in and improving standards across our entire organization and having significant exposure across all departments.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee compliance functions and ensures Bridgepoint Education and its institutions are in compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate on the impact of changes in Title IV rules and regulations including the impact to long range planning and general business operations.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of Title IV programs and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Provide guidance and coordinate internal compliance review, monitoring and auditing activities, including periodic reviews of departments.
- Develops and implements any needed corrective action plan based on internal or external audits or reviews.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and response plans.
- Institute and maintain effective compliance programs in the area of Title IV for the organization.
- Conduct research and keep current on key compliance issues affecting higher education and communicate the information to ensure all employees are knowledgeable of the elements of the institutional compliance program.
- Assist in developing strategies in response to proposed federal regulation and provide analysis on federal regulatory issues.
- Stay abreast of current Federal student aid legislation and serve as a resource for training and guidance purposes.
- Develop and implement federal compliance calendar to provide appropriate oversight and control of enterprise-wide compliance activities
- Ensures all Federal compliance and regulatory reporting is submitted in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
- Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Established record of impeccable integrity and commitment to compliance, quality and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-performance teams through passion and commitment
- Intelligent, determined and fair-minded individual able to command respect from team, peers, executives, and vendors
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and developing staff at all levels
- Broad business acumen and seasoned experience addressing complex business issues
- Ability to adapt quickly within a highly hands-on entrepreneurial environment
- Strong professional administrative skills in managing time, projects, deadlines and budgets
- Results oriented
- Five years of experience in Title IV administration/compliance
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Masters Degree and /or JD preferred with additional certifications
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers and @AshfordUCareers
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...